Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default 300BO 220gr projectiles

Looking to see if there is any intrest in a group purchase. Everglades has some nice looking plated stuff. 200 a thousand and free shipping. Open to other suggestions but prefer to stick with plated.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: 300BO 220gr projectiles

I know you may want to stick with plated but I can save you $50 a thousand with the coated cast that I manufacture.

You can PM me or check out my website link in my sig line. Plenty of people on this forum can vouch for my products.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lebanon County)

I know there was previous discussion about this but I don't recall the outcome or able to find the thread....but can these be run subsonicly through a can?

(Beaver County)

Our bullets can be run subsonic through a can. I run our 147grain 9mm RN through a can every weekend in a 9mm SBR in either IDPA, Steel Challange, or a USPSA match.

So can Rogers, Acme, or any other coated bullet.

Where we stand out is cost and near match grade accuracy from a cast bullet.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Our bullets can be run subsonic through a can. I run our 147grain 9mm RN through a can every weekend in a 9mm SBR in either IDPA, Steel Challange, or a USPSA match.

So can Rogers, Acme, or any other coated bullet.

Where we stand out is cost and near match grade accuracy from a cast bullet.
    Ron, do yours have a boat tail? I have some from another vendor that I tend to shave the powder coat off of trying to seat it into the case. I've heard folks recommend a .30 carbine expander die, but haven't made the investment yet.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Beaver County)

Yes. Mine have a boat-tail and Yes you need an expander die.

Because the lead is softer than copper or brass it will not expand the case mouth without scraping the coating and some lead off. Same reason to expand pistol case mouths.

I would also recommend a Factory Crimp Die from Lee to reset the case mouth after expanding.

A good expander is the Lyman Type-M short case expander. I think they are in the $20 range.
    Last edited by DucatiRon; May 27th, 2018 at 03:10 PM.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Yes. Mine have a boat-tail and Yes you need an expander die.

Because the lead is softer than copper or brass it will not expand the case mouth without scraping the coating and some lead off. Same reason to expand pistol case mouths.

I would also recommend a Factory Crimp Die from Lee to reset the case mouth after expanding.

A good expander is the Lyman Type-M short case expander. I think they are in the $20 range.
    Many thanks!

(Lebanon County)

ordered a 100 of these to play with. so far very happy.
    8.5" suppressed psa upper.
    10.couple Gs of A1680
    lee dies
    not positive off the top of my head on the OAL.
    357mag expander/power through with an m1 carbine plug in it....expands the necks perfectly and cycles a lee auto disc powder measure.
    results in rds that are subsonic and cycle 100%....ejection is at the 430 position and only throw the brass 3-4' almost in a pile.
    will be ordering a 1000 couple more shortly.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Beaver County)

Thanks Brian,

Glad you like them.