Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scott Wagner

(Chester County)

Default Re: Scott Wagner

How about PA's rich tradition of gun owners sitting out elections and letting the deadbeats from Philly, Pissburgh (with an "h") and Harrisburg get their way.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    No, I will vote for Wagner even though I think he is a something of a blowhard and soft on the Second Amendment. I know where Wolf stands and while I doubt Wagner will do little to protect the 2A, he will not look for every attempt to attack it like Wolf.
    as usual, I wont be voting FOR Wagner, I'll be voting AGAINST Wolf.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

It seems like you got a cookie cutter response. I remember emailing Wagner's office some time ago and I got a decent response to a similar question. However- given that Wagner has stated publicly that he is willing to flip flop on the right to keep and bear arms- I will not be voting him into office.

(Chester County)

Boys I am sick of posting this but I have to repeat myself. Wagner in the Gov office can do much worse then wolf. In NY daddy Cuomo was Gov. the republicans in the state senate gave him gridlock. Pataki took office and the dems put their gun control bills up. Pataki wanted it so the republicans were forced to side with their party. This was the tipping point where NY could not hold the line anymore.
    PA is following suit faster then I wish to admit. After this domestic violence bill,I hope I am wrong but I think this is just the beginning.
    Honstly I think voting for grid lock is a better way to help us right now.

I M O:
    Vote for Wagner
    Don’t vote for rinos
    If you get a dem magority hopfully you get gridlock.
    The republicans will see that there are consequences to voting anti gun.

After you vote call them and tell them what you did and why. I made a post about Eric Roe. I am not voting for him. This nonsense of voting for something bad to protect me from something worse doesn’t fly with me. I have seen it in NY over and over again and it gets you right where NY is now. If this continues you will want to leave PA.
    Last edited by Lougotzz; October 7th, 2018 at 08:21 PM.

I really think to overcome the RINOs you need to run a pro gun bill. Something simple, something that is easy to talk about with elected officials, and is a short quick code modification. Carry during a state of emergency without a LTCF comes to mind.

We need to push these Republicans, not just except that we got them elected and we are safe from anti legislation for the next few years. But push them to introduce, sponser, and vote yes on pro gun legislation.

The RINOs will either come around or double down and expose themselves for the anti gunners they are. Once exposed, it will give new candidates a platform to run on they don’t currently have.

And we will need one more thing: ourselves. We need to make the calls to our elected officials and put as many of us in Harrisburg for a lobby day as possible. It will simply not happen without people getting involved in the process.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    You know I for one don't vote based on one issue but IMHO how he feels about the retired and seniors is just as important to me as certain firearms rights. Do I give a crap about bumpstocks.....nope.
    This was Wagner's response to that. On 8/22/18: Wagner, owner of the massive trash-hauling company Penn Waste and a former state senator, also called Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, an “outright liar” over an attack ad that claims Wagner wants to tax seniors’ retirement income. “I have no intention of taxing seniors,” Wagner said repeatedly Wednesday night. “The governor is out telling people I’m going to tax seniors.”

“This governor is an outright liar. What he’s telling is false,” Wagner added.

I only vote Republican, period. If you believe any political ad you see for or against a candidate you are naive.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Chester County)

democrats have proved themselves to be low down dirty scumbags and not a single word they say should be believed. Look at the fake charges they brought against an upright and hard working Supreme court nominee. Then we have members of this very forum saying they will vote for the democrats instead of the Republican because they weren't satisfied with an answer on some questionnaire. Fake gun owners inhabit even this forum. As far as Wolf goes he's just another low down dirty scumbag that occupies a position he is totally unqualified to serve.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    democrats have proved themselves to be low down dirty scumbags and not a single word they say should be believed. Look at the fake charges they brought against an upright and hard working Supreme court nominee. Then we have members of this very forum saying they will vote for the democrats instead of the Republican because they weren't satisfied with an answer on some questionnaire. Fake gun owners inhabit even this forum. As far as Wolf goes he's just another low down dirty scumbag that occupies a position he is totally unqualified to serve.
    So would you pass on a pro gun democrat to vote for anti gun republican? I would not write off pro gun support by dividing folks into Ds and Rs, but accept and cultivate support where ever possible. Once broken into camps we are easily defeated. United behind the single issue of gun rights, we can begin to regain our freedoms.

(Allegheny County)

I'd no more vote for a democrat than I would befriend a seemingly decent person whose friends are all drug dealers and assorted characters with questionable backgrounds.

A decent person does not hang out with democrats.
    I never used to think this way, but democrats showed me the truth, the light, and the way.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast