Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Cabelas New Policy

I get reloading stuff and ammo at Cabelas when they have a sale but new gun prices at the Hamburg store anyway are a lot higher than at the LGS' in my area.
    NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    I get reloading stuff and ammo at Cabelas when they have a sale but new gun prices at the Hamburg store anyway are a lot higher than at the LGS' in my area.
    Their used prices are ridiculous and most of the pistols look like they were dragged behind a coal truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Everyone should go there....express great interest in a purchase.....ask to see a handgun to try the trigger.........and if refused by this asinine policy turn around and leave...............OVER n OVER again.

Let them imagine the lost sales.................
    I wouldn't want to take a number and wait 30 minutes just to be shown a handgun and then not be able to "try the trigger". I'll leave that up to the wild bunch, to much confrontation for me. I'm a peaceful, loving 2A friend to all.

Either that or I'd hit the clerk over the head with the handgun because of their asinine policy. They want to enact a stupid policy, then I will too. No Smith family income will be spent in a Cabela's store until further notice.

Good Day!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    I wouldn't want to take a number and wait 30 minutes just to be shown a handgun and then not be able to "try the trigger". I'll leave that up to the wild bunch, to much confrontation for me. I'm a peaceful, loving 2A friend to all.

Good Day!
    I only go during the week......close enough to go anytime so there is little to no wait.

(Cumberland County)

I don't know if you could necessarily chop that up to it being a big box store, but it's definitely a little odd. If I'm dropping several hundred dollars on a new handgun in particular, I'd want to be able to dry fire it first.

(Berks County)

[QUOTE=Sgt.K;3832207]A sizable portion of my wardrobe comes from Cabelas, as they carry larger sizes. My cell phone and TV/internet bills alone keep me in socks and underwear. Powder and primers can get me a shirt. Since my "local" Cabelas is Christiana, Delaware, I won't be buying any handguns there, and this does not have a direct effect on me, I will probably keep my card for now.[/QUOTE.
    My local Cabela's (Hamburg) is really being changed. Much Red Head branded clothing. Little to no tall sizes. I have alot of Cabela's branded clothing because: 1. I like the quality. 2. They carried tall sizes.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Their used prices are ridiculous and most of the pistols look like they were dragged behind a coal truck.
    Right down from Schuylkill County, lol. You're right though.

I have been sitting on a $150.00 gift card since Christmas so I went down today with the kids. I had to laugh at the prices on their surplus rifles. Standard 91/30's for $329.00, Average worm out looking g K31's for $650.00 and used entry level basic AR's for $700.00.

I picked up a pair of 10x50 Vortex binos and was on my way. The kids did blow a few quarters at the shooting gallery before we left.

(Delaware County)

I’ll never buy a gun there again. My son gave a gift certificate from there for Christmas last year and Figured I’d put the difference and buy a Smith Wesson 2.0 shied. What a pain in the ass. I took a number and waited my turn 20 minutes I decided to buy it so guy goes into the back to find one another 15 minutes then gives me an iPad to fill out my paperwork on another 10 minutes then hands me paperwork to fill out another 10 minutes then there is the approval a half hour. Then you go and take a seat in with everyone else and wait for the check out process which really sucks by the way. 30 more minuets and your name get call. More paper work. Then 2 employees have to check the paper work to make sure it all filled out correct. Ok now this pissed me off the most they wrap the box the 2” wide tape so you can’t open it in the store and destroyed the box.

(Delaware County)

I’ll never buy a gun there again. My son gave a gift certificate from there for Christmas last year and Figured I’d put the difference and buy a Smith Wesson 2.0 shied. What a pain in the ass. I took a number and waited my turn 20 minutes I decided to buy it so guy goes into the back to find one another 15 minutes then gives me an iPad to fill out my paperwork on another 10 minutes then hands me paperwork to fill out another 10 minutes then there is the approval a half hour. Then you go and take a seat in with everyone else and wait for the check out process which really sucks by the way. 30 more minuets and your name get call. More paper work. Then 2 employees have to check the paper work to make sure it all filled out correct. Ok now this pissed me off the most they wrap the box the 2” wide tape so you can’t open it in the store and destroyed the box.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast