Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Cabelas New Policy

[QUOTE=Berks_Iraq_Vet;3835985]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    A sizable portion of my wardrobe comes from Cabelas, as they carry larger sizes. My cell phone and TV/internet bills alone keep me in socks and underwear. Powder and primers can get me a shirt. Since my "local" Cabelas is Christiana, Delaware, I won't be buying any handguns there, and this does not have a direct effect on me, I will probably keep my card for now.[/QUOTE.
    My local Cabela's (Hamburg) is really being changed. Much Red Head branded clothing. Little to no tall sizes. I have alot of Cabela's branded clothing because: 1. I like the quality. 2. They carried tall sizes.
    "Local" local, I don’t understand what you ment. Does Christiana carry 4x shirts and 54 paints? Hamburg doesn’t.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocking26 View Post
    I’ll never buy a gun there again. My son gave a gift certificate from there for Christmas last year and Figured I’d put the difference and buy a Smith Wesson 2.0 shied. What a pain in the ass. I took a number and waited my turn 20 minutes I decided to buy it so guy goes into the back to find one another 15 minutes then gives me an iPad to fill out my paperwork on another 10 minutes then hands me paperwork to fill out another 10 minutes then there is the approval a half hour. Then you go and take a seat in with everyone else and wait for the check out process which really sucks by the way. 30 more minuets and your name get call. More paper work. Then 2 employees have to check the paper work to make sure it all filled out correct. Ok now this pissed me off the most they wrap the box the 2” wide tape so you can’t open it in the store and destroyed the box.
    Bought a bond arms last week, the process has been made leaps and bounds quicker. It was a normal time transaction. They were not swamped with customers but I got a different vibe from them than I’ve gotten in the past.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    "Local" local, I don’t understand what you ment. Does Christiana carry 4x shirts and 54 paints? Hamburg doesn’t.
    The in-store selections are a bit thin (pun intended) in the larger sizes, so I usually buy online. Since I drive past the store twice a month, it's convenient for powder and primers without haz-mat fees, and I can have my other orders sent there to save shipping.

(York County)

Murtaugh "See how easy that was? Boom, still alive. Now we question him. You know why we question him? Because I got him in the leg. I didn't shoot him full of holes or try to jump off a building with him."

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco - 1966
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(York County)

Went to Cabelas-Hamburg today with my sons to look at revolvers - he's itching for a 357. Surprisingly short wait for a saleman. So son is checking out balance and feel and I coyly ask to check the trigger. NOTE: Every firearm in the case has a trigger lock on.
    Salesman states "Cablelas policy is no one is allowed to try triggers - started 2 weeks ago". I ask so you think anyone is going to buy without trying out triggers? We could tell as he rolled his eyes in a "it's a management policy". At that, three other potential customers at the counter almost in unison go "Phuq that no testing the trigger" and put down whatever rifle, shotty or pistol they were looking at and walk away!!!!
    OK - fess up - who else from POOFA was there??

We were just browsing and had no intention to buy - but was hilarious to see happen!

(Mifflin County)

Cabelas is going the way of Dicks Sporting goods from hearing all this

(Delaware County)

The in-store selections are a bit thin (pun intended) in the larger sizes, so I usually buy online. Since I drive past the store twice a month, it's convenient for powder and primers without haz-mat fees, and I can have my other orders sent there to save shipping.
    I was in 2 weeks ago and picked up CCI Large Pistol primers for $31.99 per thousand. I went in yesterday and they are rearranging based on Bass Pro input. I found the same primers marked $40.99 per thousand. The guy who stocks them just shrugged because I'm sure he can't say what he wants to. They just priced themselves beyond my not so convenient, not so local gun shop plus sales tax. Oh, well. So sorry, not sorry...

(Delaware County)

Bass Pro is going to ruin Cabela's. They have already pissed me off but that's another thread.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

I was in 2 weeks ago and picked up CCI Large Pistol primers for $31.99 per thousand. I went in yesterday and they are rearranging based on Bass Pro input. I found the same primers marked $40.99 per thousand. The guy who stocks them just shrugged because I'm sure he can't say what he wants to. They just priced themselves beyond my not so convenient, not so local gun shop plus sales tax. Oh, well. So sorry, not sorry...
    Powder and primers are my main reason for going to Oaks. Can usually find primers at 3 cartons of 1000 for $100 , no tax.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Went to Cabelas-Hamburg today with my sons to look at revolvers - he's itching for a 357. Surprisingly short wait for a saleman. So son is checking out balance and feel and I coyly ask to check the trigger. NOTE: Every firearm in the case has a trigger lock on.
    Salesman states "Cablelas policy is no one is allowed to try triggers - started 2 weeks ago". I ask so you think anyone is going to buy without trying out triggers? We could tell as he rolled his eyes in a "it's a management policy". At that, three other potential customers at the counter almost in unison go "Phuq that no testing the trigger" and put down whatever rifle, shotty or pistol they were looking at and walk away!!!!
    OK - fess up - who else from POOFA was there??

We were just browsing and had no intention to buy - but was hilarious to see happen!
    I wasn't there but I think its great. You want to buck the system, have at it.
    I hope this spawns more mom and pop stores.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast