Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another Move to Boost the Gun Control Culture.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...stores-ranges/

Yep, you can see this one taking hold as all the lefty SJW politicians demand warning signs being posted across the country. It is such nonsense. I will guess that statistically, when it comes to gun stores and ranges, they are probably about as safe as it gets, certainly from intentional acts of violence.

I have already read of two stories where kids have been treated like felons for their firearms interests. In one case, a kid was interrogated at school without his parents or lawyers present because he posted photos of himself and his dad at a supervised shooting range, engaging in a lawful and constitutional exercise.

The leftist war on the "Gun Culture", demonizing people who exercise their constitutional rights is every bit as dangerous to our freedoms as the unconstitutional laws that keep being enacted. The demonization emboldens the leftist politicians to more aggressively infringe.

If a warning sign needs to be anywhere, it needs to be posted by the "Gun Free Zone" placards. More people get shot in Gun Free Zones, cities and states than probably anywhere else.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Another Move to Boost the Gun Control Culture.

Sign, sign
    Everywhere a sign
    Blockin' out the scenery
    Breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that
    Can't you read the sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Sign, sign
    Everywhere a sign
    Blockin' out the scenery
    Breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that
    Can't you read the sign?
    https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...igh-nra-shirt/

Here is another case. This time the School District reportedly backed down. Still, a student had to push the point and nothing has said about disciplining the teacher who broke school policy.

“Including the telephone number to the suicide prevention lifeline”

I thought the left believes suicide is good. Or is that only when you pay a doctor to kill yourself. If you cut out the middleman and do it yourself then it’s bad? The left’s ability to hold to totally contradictory points of view on the same subject still astounds me.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post

I thought the left believes suicide is good. Or is that only when you pay a doctor to kill yourself. If you cut out the middleman and do it yourself then it’s bad? The left’s ability to hold to totally contradictory points of view on the same subject still astounds me.
    I can think of a reason for the contradiction. When you pay the doctor to do it, the government gets income tax from the doctor. Also, government approved euthanasia reinforces the government's authority to have people killed in furtherance of a government policy. Remember, all governments, including our own, strive to have a complete monopoly on the use of violence.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...igh-nra-shirt/

Here is another case. This time the School District reportedly backed down. Still, a student had to push the point and nothing has said about disciplining the teacher who broke school policy.
    Here's hoping the parents of those students had a nice chat with that teacher.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Sign, sign
    Everywhere a sign
    Blockin' out the scenery
    Breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that
    Can't you read the sign?
    That hippie shit song makes me throw up in my mouth.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post

Suicide is OK so long as you don't use a gun, then it becomes "OMG gun VIOLENCE!!!".

My wife's aunt is vehemently anti-gun because of a friend having committed suicide decades ago.

Her argument, and the one I've heard frequently since, is guns are too effective. Suicide is a cry for help and most people who try and fail never attempt again, so we should remove guns from the equation so more people will have an opportunity to reflect on why they attempted, since a successful suicide is a decision you can't take back.

My response was "my body, my choice. Why should you be able to deny a person the most effective means to an end, just because you don't agree with the ends?"

She doesn't talk to me about politics any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Suicide is OK so long as you don't use a gun, then it becomes "OMG gun VIOLENCE!!!".

My wife's aunt is vehemently anti-gun because of a friend having committed suicide decades ago.

Her argument, and the one I've heard frequently since, is guns are too effective. Suicide is a cry for help and most people who try and fail never attempt again, so we should remove guns from the equation so more people will have an opportunity to reflect on why they attempted, since a successful suicide is a decision you can't take back.

My response was "my body, my choice. Why should you be able to deny a person the most effective means to an end, just because you don't agree with the ends?"

She doesn't talk to me about politics any more.
    That's a perfect response. Throwing their own dumb worldview back in their face at the very least means you might not have to listen to their dumb stuff anymore because they don't like feeling dumb when you blow up their worldview, and with some of the younger ones who really haven't thought these things through but merely regurgitate what's been spoonfed to them, maybe you'll even break through.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...stores-ranges/

Yep, you can see this one taking hold as all the lefty SJW politicians demand warning signs being posted across the country. It is such nonsense. I will guess that statistically, when it comes to gun stores and ranges, they are probably about as safe as it gets, certainly from intentional acts of violence.

I have already read of two stories where kids have been treated like felons for their firearms interests. In one case, a kid was interrogated at school without his parents or lawyers present because he posted photos of himself and his dad at a supervised shooting range, engaging in a lawful and constitutional exercise.

The leftist war on the "Gun Culture", demonizing people who exercise their constitutional rights is every bit as dangerous to our freedoms as the unconstitutional laws that keep being enacted. The demonization emboldens the leftist politicians to more aggressively infringe.

If a warning sign needs to be anywhere, it needs to be posted by the "Gun Free Zone" placards. More people get shot in Gun Free Zones, cities and states than probably anywhere else.
    Is right out to the Saul Alinsky playbook, demonize and ridicule anyone who disagrees with the Party Line
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast