Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Another Move to Boost the Gun Control Culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Sign, sign
    Everywhere a sign
    Blockin' out the scenery
    Breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that
    Can't you read the sign?
    At work, there are signs on every door "no tobacco, no alcohol, no weapons".
    Most days, I'm a "triple threat".
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Monroe County)

I know an FFL who got called by an irate old lady about his killer billboard and how she's part of yada-yada church and will make sure the congregation knows about his death dealing- some nonsense like that.
    She fucked up because the pastor was a friend, so he took out a large as in the church bulletin. LOL surprising no further jimmies got rustled
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Suicide is OK so long as you don't use a gun, then it becomes "OMG gun VIOLENCE!!!".

My wife's aunt is vehemently anti-gun because of a friend having committed suicide decades ago.

Her argument, and the one I've heard frequently since, is guns are too effective. Suicide is a cry for help and most people who try and fail never attempt again, so we should remove guns from the equation so more people will have an opportunity to reflect on why they attempted, since a successful suicide is a decision you can't take back.

My response was "my body, my choice. Why should you be able to deny a person the most effective means to an end, just because you don't agree with the ends?"

She doesn't talk to me about politics any more.

From what I have been able to ascertain is that "cry for help" suicide attempts are generally a female thing. Guys tend to shoot themselves because they know its going to work.

(Delaware County)

It means everything we are doing is working...all the left can do is push back...rather useless.

Here's my sign. It's on the front and back of my truck. Everyone gets to see it whenever I leave the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    “Including the telephone number to the suicide prevention lifeline”

I thought the left believes suicide is good. Or is that only when you pay a doctor to kill yourself. If you cut out the middleman and do it yourself then it’s bad? The left’s ability to hold to totally contradictory points of view on the same subject still astounds me.
    You know how it goes - if there is money to be made by an "official" person they're for it.

Shoot yourself in the head? No way!!

Pay someone like Dr. Kevorkian a few hundred bucks to dose you up? Fine.

I imagine if you hung yourself or chose any of the many other ways that more S. Koreans or Japanese kill themselves "per capita" then Lefties would be fine with that too.

Me, I consider suicide a tragedy. Play the hand that you're dealt.
    Last edited by GeneCC; September 10th, 2018 at 05:08 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    This happened at King County Washington State, aka "Ukraine County". There is a statue of Lenin there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin,_Seattle

This place is almost as moonbat as San Fransisco or parts of Los Angeles, maybe up there with Portland Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I have already read of two stories where kids have been treated like felons for their firearms interests. In one case, a kid was interrogated at school without his parents or lawyers present because he posted photos of himself and his dad at a supervised shooting range, engaging in a lawful and constitutional exercise.

The leftist war on the "Gun Culture", demonizing people who exercise their constitutional rights is every bit as dangerous to our freedoms as the unconstitutional laws that keep being enacted. The demonization emboldens the leftist politicians to more aggressively infringe.

If a warning sign needs to be anywhere, it needs to be posted by the "Gun Free Zone" placards. More people get shot in Gun Free Zones, cities and states than probably anywhere else.

Kids get suspended for making a "gun sign" and going "bang". This is more "Zero Tolerance" nonsense. Consider it a gift from the War on Drugs.

(Lancaster County)

But posting a sign about the health risks and dangers of getting an abortion outside of Planned Parenthood would be wrong, right?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    But posting a sign about the health risks and dangers of getting an abortion outside of Planned Parenthood would be wrong, right?
    Riddle me this, Streaker.

An abortion as it exists now is "legal" because of a woman's privacy. Some sort of "penumbra" business.

If I make a selective fire M16 in the privacy of my own home, stamp my Social Security number on the receiver and put the phrase "Not for Sale" on the receiver I've indicated that it is not intended for sale. If I create an oddball round to shoot in it, one that only I have made then this reinforces the point doesn't it? Like a 5.56 with the shoulder bumped back a 1/16". Regular M16 ammo won't go into battery. I can form the brass from 5.56. Go to the range and rock and roll.

Nope. In spite of all of this I've committed a felony under the NFA of 1934 and the GCA of 1968. Why does the Interstate Commerce Clause give the Government the right to ban me from doing so, and to put me in prison and fine me if I did it? What I've created is not suitable for commerce for three reasons. Right?

The Constitution must really be a pain in the ass to Progressives. No wonder they flaunt it so much....

(Lancaster County)

It's actually far worse than that. If you have a AR15 pistol upper and just for giggles in the privacy of your own home attach it to a rifle lower, you've committed a crime.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast