Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Lou Barletta, our 1 chance in the next 6 years to kick out Casey, what will you do?

http://www.loubarletta.com/

In about 3 months we will have our 1 opportunity in the next 6 years to to remove anti gun Senator Bob Casey. I will be donating money to Lou Barletta, volunteering time to his campaign for door to door and phone calls if needed. I would like to suggest that anyone who really wants to see Casey gone and help the 2nd Amendment do more than vote if possible.

Some things you can do. Others may think of other things.

1. Donate money
    2. Talk to relatives and neighbors that do not normally vote and see if you can get them out. (Assuming you think they will vote for Barletta.)
    3. Volunteer some time before the election. If you are comfortable with door to door, go for that. If not volunteer for phone banks, or stuffing mailers etc....
    4. Volunteer time on Election Day. Help out at the polls. Volunteer to drive elderly people to the polls. Make phone calls etc...

This is our one chance. If Casey wins we have another 6 years of being ignored by him. Another 6 years of an anti gun senator. We have a guy who has served in Congress before running against him. Barletta was an early supporter of Trump. But the truth is he’s going up against a sitting senator with a lot of name recognition. Casey can be beat, but it will probably take people who normally sit on the sidelines stepping in and helping out.

If people want to help out, but are not sure where to start. Look up your local Republican Party and put in a call. They are always looking for help. Just say “Hi, my name is _________ and I live in the area. I would like to help the Barletta campaign. What can I do?” They will most likely jump at the help.

Or Contact the Barletta campaign directly. Here is the website with a link for people who want to help out. http://www.loubarletta.com/

This is our chance. If you are able and want to see Casey gone, please step up and go beyond voting. We have a real opportunity here. I personally would prefer not to wake up on Nov 7, see Casey has won and think,” I really could have done more to change this. “

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Lou Barletta, our 1 chance in the next 6 years to kick out Casey, what will you d

It's as simple as A-B-C.

Anyone But Casey.

Default Re: Lou Barletta, our 1 chance in the next 6 years to kick out Casey, what will you d

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    It's as simple as A-B-C.

Anyone But Casey.
    Exactly. Some people did not think there would be a difference between Hillary and Trump, or that their vote did not matter. I think there has been ample evidence that this is wrong. Trump is not everyone’s dream candidate, but he is better than Hillary and the 2nd is in a lot better shape right now than if Hillary won.

Same thing with Barletta, he is better than Casey, and the 2nd will be in better shape with him.

Think about this. It’s 2019 and Ginsberg winds up having to step down...... or Gorsuch suffers a heart attack and can no longer serve.

Right now we have a slim majority in the Senate. But in 2018 Casey wins and the Democrats take a 51-49 lead in the Senate. Not only does Trump no longer get his appointments through to the lower courts, but the Dems refuse to put through anyone who Trump puts up for the Supreme Court. They now have the political power and run the show. They stall until 2020 and then who knows who is going to win the presidency. Can you imagine 2020 coming along, Gorsuch can’t serve because of a sickness so a democratic president replaces him, then Ginsberg steps down. All of a sudden the entire makeup of the court has changed just like that.

People often seem to think that just because there are some younger people on the court, it’s a given they will be there for a while. But things can happen at any time.

The above is a serious possibility. It can easily happen.

But it can go the other way. Can you imagine if we did everything possible and managed to unseat Casey? All of a sudden it is 51-49 Republicans. Trump can still fill judicial seats and be the person deciding who gets appointed to the Supreme Court should the need arise.

This election can be huge. Getting Casey out can be huge. No way will I sit on the side lines for this.

(Montgomery County)

He supported common-sense measures like the Fix NICS bill and President Trump’s action against bump stocks.
    That's an annoyance. But overall a massively better choice than limp dick Casey.

Is this the former mayor of Hazleton?

For those of you that are represented by him, how has he been doing?

Is he he a Trump supporter or have his nose up Ryan's ass?

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    That's an annoyance. But overall a massively better choice than limp dick Casey.
    A little more than an annoyance. Toomey has grown to be far more than an annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    A little more than an annoyance. Toomey has grown to be far more than an annoyance.
    But is still much better than McGinty would have been. I despise having to stand up for Toomey, but she would have voted against Gorsuch, Kavenaugh and a load of judges that Trump has sent to lower courts. He has also voted yes to pro gun legislation where as his challengers in the last 2 elections would have said no to any pro gun legislation. He is not as pro gun as I thought he would be when he first ran and is a disappointment, but we still need him. Barletta is light years ahead of Casey in the same way.

(Montgomery County)

I put $200 on Barletta to win.

I gave him $100.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast