Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: New NRA Grassroots Field Coordinator

I just got an email from NRA Field Coordinator Mark Galey. In part here is what it said:

The Pennsylvania legislature returns from its summer break this week, and may choose to bring up House Bill 2227. HB 2227 would allow the seizure of firearms with little or no access to due process. Please contact your state Representative and strongly urge their opposition to HB 2227. Click the “Take Action” button below to contact your state Representative.

The bill creates "extreme risk protection orders". These orders begin the process with a hearing, leading to the seizure of firearms, and a suspension of constitutional rights with little to no due process. Additionally, a law-abiding gun owner could lose their right to own or possess a firearm and then be required to prove the false nature of the initial petition. To make matters worse, the bill uses an extremely broad definition of who can file a petition to remove law-abiding citizens' Second Amendment rights.
    Once again, we find ourselves facing legislation that does nothing for the sake of public safety, while placing burdensome and far reaching punishments on the good citizens of the Commonwealth.
    Again, please contact your state Representative and strongly urge them to OPPOSE HB 2227.

Note that there is nothing on there about HB 2060 and it's also a little late in the game for the NRA to send out emails encouraging members to fight both of these bills. It should have been done last week. I usually try to stand up for the NRA despite some of their decisions, but actions like these make it harder to do.

Did the NRA cave on HB 2060?
    Last edited by eagleclaw; September 26th, 2018 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Add More

(Berks County)

Mark seems a bit in over his head. Not on top of things.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Funny thing is when these bills were 1st brought up a rep from the NRA was supposed to speak out against them at a hearing along with Adam Kraut and Josh Prince and if o remember correctly the NRA rep bailed an hour or two before their scheduled time to speak,

Now it’s all time to take action a day before?

I guess it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I just got an email from NRA Field Coordinator Mark Galey. In part here is what it said:

Note that there is nothing on there about HB 2060 and it's also a little late in the game for the NRA to send out emails encouraging members to fight both of these bills. It should have been done last week. I usually try to stand up for the NRA despite some of their decisions, but actions like these make it harder to do.

Did the NRA cave on HB 2060?

The last post in this thread Simms it up regarding the NRA support on HB2060 and this whole vote.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...75#post3852675

As soon as we made it to Harrisburg we heard the NRA had sent a lawyer up from Fairfax (not their rep) to discuss the bills. Now mind you the NRA PROMISED to come out against both bills but changed their mind on HB2060 and decided to be neutral .. that was on a month or two ago.
    I’m thinking we loose this one as well as due process.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 27th, 2018 at 01:08 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Why don't we give the guy a chance before making those assumptions?
    They showed their true colors again. I just sent this email off:

You Jerks have just confirmed why the NRA will not get my money or my support. Your sell out yesterday of PA gun owners on HR2060 is so very typical of the NRA, surrender ground then cry poverty. WHY is the NRA trying to turn PA into NY, NJ, or CA? WHY ARE YOU GIVING AWAY THE 2A, where is the support? We had the bill KILLED till the NRA showed up and said “we’re neutral” without talking to the FOAC, or gun owners in PA. YOU BETRAIED us AGAIN. THIS “COMPROMISING” our rights away is WHY I gave up my NRA membership and support the GOA, ALL gun Control Bills in the 20th and 21st Century including the GFA 1932, are a result of NRA “Compromising” if you don’t support the 2A, why the h* should I support you.

WELL DONE WAY TO SNACH DEFEATE from the jaws of VICTORY, AGAIN!!!!!!

(Franklin County)

It's almost as if I have a crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    So this will now be the guy who fucks FOAC (and us) over by bargaining with our state legislature?

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It's almost as if I have a crystal ball.
    Yeah you sure did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123