Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Dan Wesson Super Mag problems

I am working on a Dan Wesson Super Mag in .357 Maximum and I need some help. The revolver came to me in pieces with some parts missing, among the missing pieces is the Bolt.
    Now, I have a replacement bolt (and all the other missing pieces), and I have been communicating with a smith at Dan Wesson as to proper hand fitting. That said, this thing is being a real thorn in my butt. Does anyone near me ( York/Lancaster and nearby counties) possibly have a Dan Wesson Super Mag that I can use to do some comparisons ? (there may be damage I can't ascertain without a known good sample for comparison). I know this is a lot to ask, but short of sending it back to Dan Wesson my options are limited. Anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you can.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Dan Wesson Super Mag problems

Sounds time to swallow some pride.

I know what it's like to want to rise to the challenge, but this one sounds like a better solution would be to send it in. You are in effect asking someone to allow you to disassemble their gun. I suspect no response equals no one wants to allow that.

(Monroe County)

That prob and most likely is it's not that common.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(York County)

Well, pride swallowed...sent the gun to Wesson Arms for fitting. Thank you gentlemen.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(Dauphin County)

Sorry I did not see this post earlier. I would have tried to help. I am also interested in what the problem was and what the smiths at DW say is the problem? Were you having issue with the timing or what was the thorn? Again sorry for not seeing the post would have enjoyed trouble shooting with you.

(York County)

That's ok, just got a call from DW. Apparently, aside from the issues with the bolt, it needed a new hand. It was worn enough to cause timing issues, which complicated the situation with the bolt. Very glad I listened to those advising to send it to DW, as the repair cost qouted was very reasonable.