Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default Nambu type 14 ???

My son fell into an early Nambu, (small trigger guard), and it's pretty rough. Is there any interest or parts availability out there for these old warriors ???
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

Default Re: Nambu type 14 ???

The are very collectible like everything else WWII. Do not dry fire the pistol as firing pin will crack after time. It’s rare to find one with the original pin because of this. The hardest part of owning a Nambu us finding quality manufactured rounds. Lots of bad necked down reloads out there even from some of the boutique ammo outlets.

I have some good info for you just have to find the web page.

Unfortunately it appears that one of the best Japanese small arms sites has closed down as of late 2017. The woman who ran it was a leading authority in all things Japanese military so it’s a big loss.

Here is a link to my Nambu if your son wants to compare.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=270315

Here is a link to one of the better boutique ammo outlets who can actually load this round. Fiochhi also makes factory 8mm Nambu bits it’s very hard to find.

http://www.ows-ammo.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58_21&produ cts_id=85
    Last edited by Hodgie; August 7th, 2018 at 01:17 PM.

Here is a great disassembly video that will easily walk you right through it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0pSYd-...1&list=WL&t=9s

There are number of military reproduction web sites that sell Holsters, accessories, and replacement firing pins. If your son finds it has the original FP and it’s not broken he should get a aftermarket one and keep the original set aside. Even if it’s cracked he should not discard it since having the serializef pin is rare.

(Lawrence County)

Thanks for the replys. Form what I could google, even if parts are available from Numrich he'll have a few hundred in it just in making it a shooter. Looks like the P.O. really abused this thing.
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.