I had an interesting experience at Point State Park yesterday. A friend and I were out on a bike ride yesterday evening. I wanted to loop around the Point on our way back, around 9:00. It was the last day of the Three Rivers Regatta. There were bunches of food trucks on Liberty Avenue, and we could here a concert going on in the park. But it looked like cops were checking people entering at the main entrance, so we went around to a little-known entrance, a pedestrian tunnel under the highway that comes out behind the museum. There were a couple of minimum-wage flunkies with wands and yellow "SECURITY" T-shirts at the far side of the tunnel. I told them that we weren't going to bother coming in since we both had pistols and could just as easily go another way on our ride, but as we were riding away, he called out that we could come in if we had licenses to carry. We turned around and went back over to them. He told us, though, that a cop would need to check our licenses - that he couldn't do it himself. After waiting a couple of minutes while he went into the park office looking for a cop, I was going to leave, but then he came over and said "that's OK, you're good" and sent us over to a table with two more yellow-shirt flunkies. A flunkie girl with a wand asked me to hold out my arms. I patted my thigh pocket and told her that's where my gun was, she said "OK", and then she wanded me. The thing barely made a sound, even near my gun. It didn't pick up my friend's gun either.

The funny thing is that they never even asked to see our licenses, and they never checked the bags mounted on our bikes' luggage racks. Worst security theater I've ever seen. LOL, what a joke!