Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Philly SWAT officer shot in face, bad guy and unk woman shot, weapons warrant

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ph...-20180806.html

A Philadelphia police SWAT team officer was shot in the face and critically wounded Monday morning while attempting to execute an arrest warrant in the city’s Germantown section.

The suspected shooter was critically wounded by police gunfire, and a 60-year-old woman who exited through the back door of the residence also was shot, officials said. Police Commissioner Richard Ross said it was not immediately clear who shot the woman.

Officer Jaison Potts, 49, a 20-year veteran of the force, walked into the hospital after being shot in the face, Ross said, but had to be sedated and was in critical condition.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philly SWAT officer shot in face, bad guy and unk woman shot, weapons warrant

There will be controversy on this. The guy who shot the officer was not the guy they were serving the warrant on. He was not on location. And there is a good chance the female was unintentionally shot by police.

The officer is sedated with a bullet lodged behind his ear. He was able to walk into the hospital though

(Perry County)

Default Re: Philly SWAT officer shot in face, bad guy and unk woman shot, weapons warrant

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    There will be controversy on this. The guy who shot the officer was not the guy they were serving the warrant on. He was not on location. And there is a good chance the female was unintentionally shot by police.

The officer is sedated with a bullet lodged behind his ear. He was able to walk into the hospital though
    I hope he gets through it without too many complications.

I'll be interested to hear if the guy that shot through the door did it knowing it was law enforcement or if it's going to be someone that thought it was a home invasion. Fucked up all around.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I hope he gets through it without too many complications.

I'll be interested to hear if the guy that shot through the door did it knowing it was law enforcement or if it's going to be someone that thought it was a home invasion. Fucked up all around.
    .....reminds me of a guy who shot and killed a warrant officer a few years ago.I don't recall how that csse turned out.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

I hope that the officer pulls through OK but I don't have much sympathy for the other guy. Depending
    on the circumstances I can't say I blame the woman for hightailing it out of there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

I believe the police have to announce their presence and purpose just before kicking in doors so those inside know it's the police. Thing is, there's nothing stopping thug home invaders from doing the same thing. If you're into activities generating felony warrants, it's just as likely either group may show up at your door at an odd hour so know surprise shootings like this happen.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

I'm just concerned that SWAT stacked up on the door when the subject of the warrant wasn't there. Isn't this one of the things that has been discussed here previously (bad intel leading to bad raids)?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I'm just concerned that SWAT stacked up on the door when the subject of the warrant wasn't there. Isn't this one of the things that has been discussed here previously (bad intel leading to bad raids)?
    I don’t know whether the guy they were looking for lived at this address and wasn’t there or it was a location that he might be located at and was not.

It appears they were serving a daytime warrant, just after 6am, and I am assuming that they thought everyone would be home and in bed. I don’t know what they had to believe he was or wasn’t there.

Prayers sent! From what I understand the officers had to go through two sets of doors. It sounds like a fatal funnel situation. Stacking up in a doorway or hallway is never good. The second door may have slowed the bullet down enough, preventing it from becoming a fatal wound.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

I don’t know whether the guy they were looking for lived at this address and wasn’t there or it was a location that he might be located at and was not.
    Isn't that the definition of bad intel?

It appears they were serving a daytime warrant, just after 6am, and I am assuming that they thought everyone would be home and in bed.
    That's just bad luck.

I don’t know what they had to believe he was or wasn’t there.
    We probably never will, and probably shouldn't. That's operation details I don't need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast