Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Philly SWAT officer shot in face, bad guy and unk woman shot, weapons warrant

Apparently the guy the cops killed was innocent. They were looking for his grandson.

Default Re: Philly SWAT officer shot in face, bad guy and unk woman shot, weapons warrant

According to WFMZ the family though it was a burglary. This is a very sad situation. Hopefully the grandson will turn himself in, before more life is lost.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

I hate "no knock raids".
    Secure the fornt and the back, announe and give the eepr a chance to come out.

If you don't have the balls to hit the house, perhaps you should have chosen another line of work.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Chester County)

Sounds like this one will be in the courts for some time to come. Innocent guy shot and kilt, woman going out the back shot, officer shot. I hope the officer recovers and isn't the one they find shot the innocent man, a bullet wound to the head is pretty serious and he's going to go through some crap to recuperate.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Sounds like this one will be in the courts for some time to come. Innocent guy shot and kilt, woman going out the back shot, officer shot. I hope the officer recovers and isn't the one they find shot the innocent man, a bullet wound to the head is pretty serious and he's going to go through some crap to recuperate.
    The dog got away though.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    According to WFMZ the family though it was a burglary. This is a very sad situation. Hopefully the grandson will turn himself in, before more life is lost.
    Grandson turned himself in yesterday.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    I hate "no knock raids".
    Secure the fornt and the back, announe and give the eepr a chance to come out.

If you don't have the balls to hit the house, perhaps you should have chosen another line of work.
    I wasn't there, but I read there is a neutral witness who stated the police announced their presence at least three times before forcibly entering.

So if you knock, announce and wait for the occupants to come out, what do you do when no one responds or comes out? Seems to me, up to that point it doesn't take a lot of balls.

(Perry County)

Why shooting through doors is never a good idea. You need to identify your target and what is beyond it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Wayne County)

Why exactly did they shoot the woman running out the back door?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Why shooting through doors is never a good idea. You need to identify your target and what is beyond it.
    A coupla days ago there was a case where officers wound up having to shoot through a locked screen security door and into a house because a pitbull was mauling a child.They couldnt get the door open in order to save the child so they did what they felt they had to do.Dangerous action taken but the child's life depended on it.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast