Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idpa

(Bucks County)

Default Idpa

I joined the IDPA today, and am going to head up to check out a club shoot in Easton this coming weekend. My thought is that I'll just observe and learn this time, but I'll probably bring my gear just in case I'm feeling brave/bored.

In about a month, the state IDPA match for PA is happening, and I'm definitely planning on going to watch that!

(Allegheny County)

i would suggest bringing your stuff.

if the guys where you go to shoot IDPA are anything like the guys at the greater pittsburgh gun club (where i shot my first IDPA match), they will be very welcoming and encouraging.

it's a lot of fun...and it ain't exactly rocket science...you'll regret not bringing your stuff if you don't.

just read the IDPA rules (basically cold range...and know about "showing clear", 180* rule, basic safe gun handling, etc.) and watch a few others go through the stages before you shoot them. no biggie.

of course, now that greater pittsburgh gun club is closed, i gotta find a new place to shoot IDPA

Default IDPA where to go?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota
    Of course, now that greater pittsburgh gun club is closed, i gotta find a new place to shoot IDPA
    Remember it's a temp close for now, I would sent Bib an e-mail to see who else does IDPA around here. If you need his e-mail contact me pvt and ill make sure you 2 make contact, I am going to his place for a steak outing on July 4th.
    Last edited by Frenchy; June 24th, 2006 at 12:57 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Anyone going to check out the state IDPA championships later this month?

(Centre County)

where is it at? Its been intersting me for some time now but there doesnt seem to be anywhere up here (centre co) that does this that I can find. But I would love to go watch a state championship if its relativly close by.
    what place/time/date

(Bucks County)

July 20-23
    Guthsville Rod & Gun (near Allentown)

http://www.guthsville.com/homepg.htm

Default IDPA Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy
    If you need his e-mail contact me pvt and ill make sure you 2 make contact, I am going to his place for a steak outing on July 4th.
    Spoke to Bib about idpa, Robert Morris and Dave W where there also, they currently shoot at a place in Ohio, they said to watch the www.IDPA.com website for info on where to shoot... Bib and Dave should both be joining the forum here shortly if they havent already, I told bib i would forward your e-mail to him so he could contact you directly.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    Anyone going to check out the state IDPA championships later this month?
    I will be attending along with 4 other members of our club, I shoot at www.keystonesportsmenassociation.com outside of turbotville.

(Northumberland County)

Well, I shot the match on saturday morning, and boy was the weather brutal... It stormed like the devil on friday night and that left the range a veritable swamp, and the humidity was something like 500%... Anyway after breaking my glasses halfway through and taping them back together I think things went OK. Although scores haven't been posted to the website yet and I heard a rumor that there was some sort of issue either late saturday or sunday morning...

(Bucks County)

I did a half-day one-on-one training session with a Master shooter at a local club here in Eastern PA. The guy's name is Paul Albrecht, and he was a very nice guy and really gave me some solid pointers to get me ready to shoot IDPA. For a newer shooter like myself, he had some nice basic drills and getting feedback in a class size of 1 is always helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast