Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Interesting Test Case on 2A Rights

Hmmm.

This one's a real panty-twister for the libs. Do we 'acknowledge' his 2A rights, as we have with other constitutional rights for non-citizens? Do we say his illegal entry 'crime' precludes them, admitting he's a criminal for being here illegally? What's a lefty to do?

Mind you, the left has no problem with hypocrisy, so no doubt they'll trample his 'rights' on this one.

IMHO, despite the rights being creator-given and unalienable, I have no problem with saying we only -support & defend- those rights for our citizens. That applies to the 1st, 2nd, 4th and all other Bill of Rights amendments.
    DGAF

(Chester County)

Illegals have only limited rights under the Constitution. They have a right to counsel and they cannot be treated with cruel and unusual punishment otherwise the US Constitution only applies to US citizens.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    Illegal immigrants, as all humans, have rights, because unalienable rights (some of which are listed in the Bill of Rights) are endowed by God, and are only enumerated by the United States Constitution. These rights would be theirs regardless of place of origin or current location. Whether any government recognizes these unalienable rights is a different question, as is whether or not the illegal immigrant has the privileges of American citizenship. I think we can agree that illegal immigrants should not have the privileges of American citizenship, as they are not American citizens; however, to say they do not have rights is to undermine the entirety of the Declaration of Independence.
    They dont have a 2nd amendment, first, fourth etc.. A right to live, eat, sleep.. But I doubt the rights I posted.
    If so, I'd like to see where it says they do.

(Cambria County)

Heh. So much for waiting for the perfect "winnable" test case. Now the left has provided the perfect sacrificial lamb to lose the argument for everyone. A right is a right for everyone. I hope all all the lawyers that were waiting for a more winnable case dive into this one, balls to the wall.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    They dont have a 2nd amendment, first, fourth etc.. A right to live, eat, sleep.. But I doubt the rights I posted.
    If so, I'd like to see where it says they do.
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." - The Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson, emphasis mine.

Are all men created equal? If we deny that they are due to accident of birth, we deny that they have the Rights of freedom as granted by God and enumerated in the Bill of Rights as written by the same man who penned the Declaration of Independence and we trample on the same beliefs for which our forefathers pledged their lives. All people (not some, not "this group and not that one") have a right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness amongst other rights not enumerated in the Declaration. If they cannot defend themselves, how can they secure their right to Life? If they cannot assemble or speak or practice their religion, how can they be said to have Liberty? If they cannot remain secure in their persons and their homes, how can they pursue Happiness? Should the illegal immigrant have suffrage? No, as the illegal immigrant is not a citizen and suffrage is specified as a right of citizens of the United States. Should illegal immigrants be held accountable for breaking the law? Yes, as would any other who is a accused as a criminal, but they have a right to a speedy and public trial before a jury of their peers, with no appended double jeopardy or excessive bail, fine, or cruel and unusual punishment.

(Lancaster County)

They are criminals with very limited rights...they have the right to be arrested and deported.

(Chester County)

Ok yeah etc.! Our countrymen created the greatest prosperous nation in the world, but that does NOT mean we have NO CHOICE but MUST let every poor low skill, no skill people in the world to ANNIHILATE what we suffered and died for? A refugee is NOT A REFUGEE when they come to us thru ANOTHER COUNTRY. They already got what they wanted, i.e. safe from harm. The U.S.A. along with other nations can help them with food, clothing etc. at a country of their culture, NOT HERE!
    (caps are for dramatic effect).

How would you like it, if you're forced to bring them INTO YOUR HOUSE to feed, cloth, educate based on the, "..they have unalienable rights, endowed by God etc. etc.? I bet you would shut the door.
    (caps for dramatic effect.....again).
    Last edited by ideaman; August 4th, 2018 at 02:59 PM.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    They are criminals with very limited rights...they have the right to be arrested and deported.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

/thread
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Monroe County)

It is an interesting case, but knowing New York, they'll go anti 2A. This guy will get 3 years and come out with a green card.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Because there is no allegiance to our flag, laws and government, any illegal sneaking in this country should be considered as an enemy of the U.S.A, and a threat to our citizens, and local, federal government. By there deceitful entry they are untrustworthy, devious and potentially harmful.

They must be immediately removed out of the country.
    I'm not sure how we would justify letting any Democrats stay here under this rule....
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast