Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Non-res transport/possession while visiting PA

    Quote Originally Posted by CageFighter View Post
    so, is the SOE still in effect? or did it expire?
    It is safe to assume it will be continuously renewed as long as Wolf stays in office.
    He started the fiasco to give him the legal authority to play with the budget outside of the normal rules.
    The restrictions on gun carry were just an unexpected ancillary benefit for him and the Liberal Democrats.

    Please make sure you are registered to vote, and please vote pro gun in every election every year.
    Voting Wolf out of office in November is the only way to solve this and other anti gun problems in PA.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,339
    Rep Power
    2440512

    Default Re: Non-res transport/possession while visiting PA

    It may have changed, but the last time I checked the state website, the state of emergency for opiate problems was not renewed.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nretsaehtuos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,787
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: Non-res transport/possession while visiting PA

    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    It may have changed, but the last time I checked the state website, the state of emergency for opiate problems was not renewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    It is safe to assume it will be continuously renewed as long as Wolf stays in office.
    He started the fiasco to give him the legal authority to play with the budget outside of the normal rules.
    The restrictions on gun carry were just an unexpected ancillary benefit for him and the Liberal Democrats.

    Please make sure you are registered to vote, and please vote pro gun in every election every year.
    Voting Wolf out of office in November is the only way to solve this and other anti gun problems in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by CageFighter View Post
    so, is the SOE still in effect? or did it expire?

    It was amended on June 28, 2018 where it says in part:

    ". All directives, authorized actions and provisions of the January 10, 2018, Proclamation ofDisaster Emergency, and the April 4, 2018, Amendment to Proclamation of Disaster Emergencyshall remain in full force and effect until either rescinded by me, or terminated by operation oflaw 90-days following the effective date of this Proclamation Amendment"

    https://www.pema.pa.gov/about/Docume...roc.Signed.pdf

    The was also a new "Disaster Emergency" declared on August 17, 2018 that is weather related.

    https://www.pema.pa.gov/Documents/1/...20Flooding.pdf

    .

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,339
    Rep Power
    2440512

    Default Re: Non-res transport/possession while visiting PA

    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    It was amended on June 28, 2018 where it says in part:

    ". All directives, authorized actions and provisions of the January 10, 2018, Proclamation ofDisaster Emergency, and the April 4, 2018, Amendment to Proclamation of Disaster Emergencyshall remain in full force and effect until either rescinded by me, or terminated by operation oflaw 90-days following the effective date of this Proclamation Amendment"

    https://www.pema.pa.gov/about/Docume...roc.Signed.pdf

    The was also a new "Disaster Emergency" declared on August 17, 2018 that is weather related.

    https://www.pema.pa.gov/Documents/1/...20Flooding.pdf

    .
    Thank you for the update. It is interesting that the second declaration has no time limit stated, unlike the continuance of the first, which states 90 days or sooner. I have a feeling that it will be continued again for an additional 90 after that.

    In trying to make a comparison, it looks like Corbett declared 2 state of emergencies for two hurricanes/storms: Irene and Sandy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Visiting the area soon, what to see?
    By Roadking in forum Cumberland
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 26th, 2016, 09:30 PM
  2. Visiting Ridgway, PA
    By twoclones in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2011, 01:55 AM
  3. Visiting PA from CA
    By youngbuc in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 29th, 2009, 02:48 PM
  4. Visiting
    By firearmz in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: February 21st, 2009, 06:32 AM
  5. Visiting Ohio...
    By Lucas in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2008, 11:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops