Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Philadelphia CCW & Marijuna Use?

Quote Originally Posted by TomHardy View Post
    Hey Guys,

So I completed my interview and am waiting now for my letter for CCW in Philadelphia County.

On the form, it is a crime to make a false statement to a police officer, so for the "have you ever used marijuana or other drugs question" I said years ago, I used marijuana.

Will this disqualify me? Has anyone with their CCW in Philadelphia admitted this fact and later received their CCW?

I am just nervous because the process was such a pain to get everything together and now I am thinking oh man I am always unlucky, will they deny my app for marijuana use years ago before I was even a resident of PA.

Aside from that the interviewing officer was great, very nice, polite and friendly. if you have all your shit together you do not receive a hard time.

Thanks guys!

I remember the question being "Are you a habitual user of illegal drugs". I'm in Westmoreland County.

I'd be fixing to talk to a lawyer if they deny you.

You could have responded that you did but didn't inhale. I think that worked for someone.

Did Phila change the wording on the application? Half the police wouldn't be able to carry.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    So you know the inner workings of the Philadelphia Gun Permit Unit by what you have read on here? You know that they deny to issue as a rule, by reading the handful of stories of folks who have had issues on here?

How is one who lives diagonally across the state, an expert on Philadelphia? Won’t visit a neighborhood, but knows it’s a shithole?
    By the time Jim Kenny and the farcical DA get done with Philly it will officially be a third world shit hole. Will they publish poop maps like San Francisco?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Your jack boots fitting too snug today?

Nope, I have had sand between my toes the past week.

You quoted me how I know. I stated as much. I've been here 10 years, and the stories are far beyond a few. People being denied for parking tickets. Having their LTCF's revoked for being the victims of crime. The stories are all to common. Clearly I have no direct personal experience, they're my opinions. That's what we do here.

Correct, you can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts. I realize a Philadelphia LTCF is not a 15 minute process like it is in some rural counties, but when you use absolutes such as "Philly denies most everyone" and "They deny as a rule not an exception" I am going to call you out on it.

Too bad all the Philly dwellers (like yourself) cannot help the guy out with positive stories about how the Philly PD will work hard at issuing within the guidelines of 6109 instead of circumventing it all costs. Why don't you head on down to the PGPU with some of your clout and help the brother out? OR provide evidence where the PGPU is trying harder to comply with the PA constitution without the insistence of a court order?

The Posts here that get the most attention, are the ones involving controversy, people who have no issue usually don't have anything to post about. But here is one that is rather positive- http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=336674 Personally I don't have any clout with anyone at the GPU and honestly I don't know the OP from Adam either.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see how the OP makes out.
    Last edited by Carson; August 7th, 2018 at 11:42 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    By the time Jim Kenny and the farcical DA get done with Philly it will officially be a third world shit hole. Will they publish poop maps like San Francisco?
    I can honestly say that I never would have thought Jim Kenney would be this bad. Even his long time constituents and old neighborhood friends are pissed off at him. I blame the Democrat Party for not getting their ducks in a row and allowing Krasner to win a multi candidate primary. He is probably the scariest of all. I hear many people of all walks of life complaining about him, but the problem of voter empathy will allow him to be reelected.

I am more concerned for the tax paying and law abiding citizens who will become victims of violent crime than maps of crap.

(Chester County)

To test the theory about how tolerant the administration is about pot and potheads, when you go to apply for your permit you should wear a Norml tee shirt, you know, the one with a big pot leaf on it.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

A pot smoker with a gun? Bad news! I saw a documentary and they said one puff could lead to an unexpected violent psychotic episode 20yrs later!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

OP here - I was approved. Approval took 3 weeks for Philadelphia County. Lota haters out there saying I would be denied. It is a crime to lie to a police officer, so I was happy with being honest in the interview process, and I am happy with the approval. This will make traveling for classes and ranges so much easier.

From what I can find on the internet, my question was a first for the philadelphia co. area.

I love our Philadelphia police officers, compared to other states or counties, we have some cool ones.

(Erie County)

That's good news!

I told the police I used to do doobi-wanna, but I never exhaled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    A pot smoker with a gun? Bad news! I saw a documentary and they said one puff could lead to an unexpected violent psychotic episode 20yrs later!
    Refer Madness is real my freind.

It also makes the darkies rape all our white wimmins!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast