Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA training

(Bucks County)

Default Re: LEOSA training

I purchased two 10-round mags for my Glock 23. I painted the little disassembly button silver on them. At a glance, I can keep track of which mag is PRNJ-compliant. I do not load that final round in any Glock mag, just to give the spring (and my fingers) a break. Never go into New York. Never will.

(Bucks County)

I retired from a p.d. in N.J. I called 3 hr218 instructors from the pasp web site.
    They all said I needed to have a "retired" id card, which my former agency does not issue. I still have and carry my "active" id card.

I read the federal statute and it says nothing about a "retired" id card, but the instructors were adamant even though they could not point out where a "retired" card was specified.
    I got tired of dealing with these brain dead knuckle heads.

I ordered a custom rubber stamp from "Rubber Stamp Champ" and an indelible red ink pad for about 12.00
    I now have an active card with the word "retired" prominently stamped in red letters across the reverse.

I also said screw the dimwits in central Bucks and went up to Heritage Guild where I qualified with no issues and got the new democrat sheriff in Doylestown to sing my card in about 15 minutes.
    Pa. changes the statute to suit themselves....
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I purchased two 10-round mags for my Glock 23. I painted the little disassembly button silver on them. At a glance, I can keep track of which mag is PRNJ-compliant. I do not load that final round in any Glock mag, just to give the spring (and my fingers) a break. Never go into New York. Never will.
    North American Arms Guardian or Glock 43 both 6&1 for NY.
    Last edited by Carson; August 2nd, 2018 at 07:31 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I retired from a p.d. in N.J. I called 3 hr218 instructors from the pasp web site.
    They all said I needed to have a "retired" id card, which my former agency does not issue. I still have and carry my "active" id card.

I read the federal statute and it says nothing about a "retired" id card, but the instructors were adamant even though they could not point out where a "retired" card was specified.
    I got tired of dealing with these brain dead knuckle heads.

I ordered a custom rubber stamp from "Rubber Stamp Champ" and an indelible red ink pad for about 12.00
    I now have an active card with the word "retired" prominently stamped in red letters across the reverse.

I also said screw the dimwits in central Bucks and went up to Heritage Guild where I qualified with no issues and got the new democrat sheriff in Doylestown to sing my card in about 15 minutes.
    Pa. changes the statute to suit themselves....
    I found the “Retired” credential info here.

https://www.psp.pa.gov/MPOETC/rleia/Pages/default.aspx

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the citation. I read that some time ago when I first started shopping for an hr218 instructor.
    Those laws cover (I think) officers that retired from service in the Commonwealth.

I retired from a pd in N.J. so Pa. has no interest or ability to issue me a "retired" card. I have to dance with who brung me- N.J.
    None of the certifiers from Pa. would qualify me because of my out of state id. They were unable to cope outside the box and default the federal statute.

I could easily qualify in N.J. because it's so close. However, N.J. has you go through the permit process and is much more expensive. Besides, I'm a Pa. resident now.
    What would an officer do if he retired in Calif.?
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

I did the LEOSA training for years,Stopped jumping the hoops every year and carry Retired I D and Shield !

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I did the LEOSA training for years,Stopped jumping the hoops every year and carry Retired I D and Shield !
    A good many LEOs would be fine to deal with that way. I'm not even that concerned about the ones that aren't. I'd be worried about using it for self defense and all of the close scrutiny that would incur. Just not worth the chance.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by kb3djs View Post
    To steve didn’t you read my posting? I said that my former agency doesn’t allow me or anyone else to photo copy my credentials for any reason reguardless of what it’s needed for
    Why do you need to copy your credentials?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Dauphin County)

Yes I have retired credentials w/badge and my former agency policy is that no one is allowed to copy them not even me. So as long as I carry their credentials I have to follow agency policy concerning photo copying of them. The only one I believe that can authorize photo copying is the director or the secretary of defense.

(Dauphin County)

Can I get the number to call them so that I can get my qualification done for the range? I would appreciate it. Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast