Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA training

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: LEOSA training

I’m a retired Federal Police Officer can anyone tell me where I can get a firearm qualification done for LEOSA? I live in Dauphin County,borough of Highspire near Harrisburg

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by kb3djs View Post
    I’m a retired Federal Police Officer can anyone tell me where I can get a firearm qualification done for LEOSA? I live in Dauphin County,borough of Highspire near Harrisburg
    https://www.psp.pa.gov/MPOETC/rleia/...0Officers.aspx

Click on the link in the third paragraph.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Wyoming County)

I did LEOSA my first year of retirement. Call me lazy but I haven't sought the certification since. Got my LTCF and calling it good.

(Philadelphia County)

I am not retired yet. I leave the state frequently and won’t mind jumping through the hoops to be able to carry outside PA.

I bet many on here wouldn’t mind the hoops to be able to carry across the U.S.

(Philadelphia County)

To steve didn’t you read my posting? I said that my former agency doesn’t allow me or anyone else to photo copy my credentials for any reason reguardless of what it’s needed for
    Do you have an official “retired” ID card ?

If so, you are saying that card can not be photocopied ?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I am not retired yet. I leave the state frequently and won’t mind jumping through the hoops to be able to carry outside PA.

I bet many on here wouldn’t mind the hoops to be able to carry across the U.S.
    Many wouldn't, some would raise holy-hell if they had to qualify to carry out of state. I don't mind the hoops, it's just a matter of getting it scheduled so I don't run out my time. That's why I have the LTCF, no worries if my LEOSA is out for a month. I would like to see the every year renewal bumped to every 3.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(York County)

I do mine every year at HACC's indoor range ($75). I think they run one class per month. The instructor is a Derry Twp. Police officer and great guy.

(Luzerne County)

To steve didn’t you read my posting? I said that my former agency doesn’t allow me or anyone else to photo copy my credentials for any reason reguardless of what it’s needed for
    Yeah, I read your post. Who needs to photo copy your credentials?? Any retired officer I qualify, shows me his retired photo ID, along with his driver's license (double checking on my part), along with his signed form. I verify his info (without copying anything) and have him qualify. There is no photo copying process in the LEOSA qualification.

(Bucks County)

When surrounding or adjacent states outlawed (Loading) with hollow pointed ammo, congress addressed and corrected the problem. What's needed now is exception to magazine capacity restrictions. I contacted the NRA suggesting they look into it. I was contacted and told that's congress' job. Interesting...

Another thing that needs to be straightened out is PA violation of preemption by tacking on requirements not spelled out in HR 218 and amendments. The way PA operates now, it could require LEOSA-licensees to store their guns in an approved safe.
    Last edited by Bang; August 2nd, 2018 at 02:46 PM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    When surrounding or adjacent states outlawed (Loading) with hollow pointed ammo, congress addressed and corrected the problem. What's needed now is exception to magazine capacity restrictions. I contacted the NRA suggesting they look into it. I was contacted and told that's congress' job. Interesting...

Another thing that needs to be straightened out is PA violation of preemption by tacking on requirements not spelled out in HR 218 and amendments. The way PA operates now, it could require LEOSA-licensees to store their guns in an approved safe.
    The mag restriction is annoying (aren't they all?) because many of the guns I carry exceed the draconian round limits. I just grab a revolver, then I don't have to worry about it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast