Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Game Lands 145 and 156 or a Suggestion

My son and I are looking for a place to hunt deer. Our Camp was just shut down due to Land owners death and property being foreclosed.

I was looking at a map of PA Game Lands. I think Game Land 145 and 156 are with in a 2 hour ride for us so they would make a Great Day Trip Hunt. Anyone ever hunt these two Game Lands?

Any suggestions on a Game Land with in several hours from Montgomery Co?

Thank You and Have a Great Day!

Dane

Default Re: Game Lands 145 and 156 or a Suggestion

Just by looking at the map I would look elsewhere for the firearm season.
    They seem to close to heavily populated areas. Hard to believe they won't be over run with hunters. That's not to say a good setup where deer may get pushed passed you early isn't a good thing.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Somerset County)

I hunted 145 a couple of times, usually on the first Saturday. Can't recall seeing too many hunters but there were several cars at the parking areas. I did see deer sign but no deer. I hunted the western end, coming in from the south on N. Colebrook Rd.

I didn't hit the woods until maybe 8 oclock and would move, lean against a tree, move etc. Kind of a combination of hunting and scouting at the same time because I didn't know the ground very well since I had just moved from Montco to Lancaster.

I worked with a guy who suggested I try SGL 246 (it's a bit further west) but I never made it there.

HTH,

Dale

Default Looking for a campsite near Game Lands 156

Gentlemen, and ladies.

Though I truly love to shoot, being the proud owner of a Remington 1100 shotgun but that is not my purpose here. I will be coming in from Rhode Island and will be in the area for an art show at Mount Gretna (8/17-20 /2018) and am trying to find a place nearby that I could park my Pickup truck. She is rigged for off-grid camping and I won't be a bother. I know this is an odd request to post on this board but knowing how knowledgeable hunters are so I thought that this just might work.

I'll be in Mt Gretna for 4 nights and I'm asking anyone with knowledge of the situation at SGL # 156 or perhaps even someone nearby who might allow me to stay on their land.
    If you'd like, we can do a trade of an art print for the use of your land. Check out my work at:

https://www.artmajeur.com/etsiomesegonon

Thanks, folks, I hope someone has some information for me or better yet, a spot to camp!!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Looking for a campsite near Game Lands 156

Never tried any of them but what about 052 and 043? Closer to you and allow longer hunt season for bow.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by muralman View Post
    Gentlemen, and ladies.

Though I truly love to shoot, being the proud owner of a Remington 1100 shotgun but that is not my purpose here. I will be coming in from Rhode Island and will be in the area for an art show at Mount Gretna (8/17-20 /2018) and am trying to find a place nearby that I could park my Pickup truck. She is rigged for off-grid camping and I won't be a bother. I know this is an odd request to post on this board but knowing how knowledgeable hunters are so I thought that this just might work.

I'll be in Mt Gretna for 4 nights and I'm asking anyone with knowledge of the situation at SGL # 156 or perhaps even someone nearby who might allow me to stay on their land.
    If you'd like, we can do a trade of an art print for the use of your land. Check out my work at:

https://www.artmajeur.com/etsiomesegonon

Thanks, folks, I hope someone has some information for me or better yet, a spot to camp!!
    If I understand your question...you are just looking for a place to camp? Be advised that camping is prohibited in PA SGLs. I will admit that I have crashed overnight in my car in SGL parking lots prior to deer season openers, but in August you run the risk of being chased off by local police.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    If I understand your question...you are just looking for a place to camp? Be advised that camping is prohibited in PA SGLs. I will admit that I have crashed overnight in my car in SGL parking lots prior to deer season openers, but in August you run the risk of being chased off by local police.
    But you can camp on state forest lands. Wm Penn State Forest Gibraltar area north of Reading has campsites marked. There should be SGL close by plus you can hunt state forest lands

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    But you can camp on state forest lands. Wm Penn State Forest Gibraltar area north of Reading has campsites marked. There should be SGL close by plus you can hunt state forest lands
    I think he is just looking for a place to crash near his Mt Greta art show.

I would suggest contacting one of the local churches to see if they would let him use their parking lot

(Lancaster County)

Looks like there's campgrounds near Mount Gretna: https://www.google.com/search?q=camp...nt=firefox-b-1
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Somerset County)

We stayed at Pinch Pond several years ago, was a typical campground, nothing fancy but nothing bad either. No idea how it might be now. I believe Walmart lets motor homes etc. use their parking lots overnight. Not sure where the nearest one to Mt. Gretna is but might be worth checking into.

Dale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast