Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default New safe lock, SafeLogic Xtreme "EMP Proof"

I mentioned in another thread that I was having my safe guy upgrade the lock that came on my safe..., a Sargent and Greenleaf D-Drive 2007 series electronic lock. However, after I received the box today, I found the following installation video and decided to do it myself. It was just as easy as the video showed, and if you can use basic hand tools, you can change the lock on your safe as well.

Like many of you, I don't want to be locked out of my safe due to an electronic lock failure..., but I also liked the quick convenience of the electronic lock. That's why I chose the lock that I did..., it has the electronic key pad, but also a mechanical dial as back up in case the electronics fails. It is a little spendy, and it was a little extra for the black chrome to match the rest of my hardware, but considering the value of the contents and the price of the safe, I felt that it was a worthwhile investment.

http://www.securamsys.com/#!safelogic-xtreme/c705

They have even more "modern" versions with bluetooth!

Anyway, I've been playing with it and I couldn't be happier. Time will tell how it holds up, but overall, it is a solid piece and of higher quality than the S&G, IMO.

So if you want the best of both worlds, I can say that I recommend this lock..., just be sure that it will work with your safe. For most Liberty type safes, it will.

Here it is on my safe..., it is bigger than the S&G, but it didn't cover the "Made in USA" that's painted on the safe.

And when you pull up the dial lock, it's illuminated by a little LED. Nice touch.

Here's the installation video.

Last edited by Justin///M; December 24th, 2018 at 01:15 AM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Default Re: New safe lock, SafeLogic Xtreme "EMP Proof"

Something that I forgot to mention, if you have a Liberty safe, I recommend getting the securam universal relocker plate, as the Liberty plate is flimsy and has a tab that will interfere with installation on this lock. Their universal plate is at least twice as thick and works with many different safe relocker configurations.

http://safelocksdirect.com/products/...relocker-plate

Justin

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Nice! If that was available back when I did mine, I'd certainly give it a good look.

(Franklin County)

Liberty now offers 5 models of the SecuRam locks installed at the factory. This includes the one Justin has, as well as the same one with BT features.

The optional locks are available "on 23 size models and larger, including Centurion, USA, 1776, Colonial, Franklin, Lincoln, Presidential or National Security safes."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.