Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Harry Callahan homemade presentation case for Smith and Wesson 29

Cool box and touches. But I'd cut and felted it.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

It's amazing what a trip to Hobby Lobby can inspire. For $80 I can make a case for you. I added a S&W patch to the inside lid later.

A nick nack case, felt, they have it in several colors, foam, spray glue, a few really sharp knives and scissors.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much bout storing your pistol in waffle foam. I have a S&W revolver in a factory case like that for over 30 years. Not a speck of rust.
    I have a S&W 629 in factory wood presentation case and the foam left crappy marks on the wood grips. Gun is fine though.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

That's a beautiful set, but you really need the badge! Here's a replica for only $20. https://www.nles.com/Dirty-Harry-Bad...SABEgLXtvD_BwE Buy a leather case and neck chain for it, distress the leather, and you'll really amp up the display.

(Lancaster County)

.44 Special ammo is appropriate...

(Chester County)

“Nobody, I mean NOBODY puts catchup on a hotdog!”

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll never take that risk again. I do believe that others have had no issue, but I had surface rust form in 2-3 days after leaving a rifle in a case (with foam) after a group shoot.
    most likely just bacon grease

(Lancaster County)

Thank you all for the comments and feedback. It was a simple project that added the obvious conversation that the M29 inspires. I’m just waiting for some stencils to arrive and then I’ll finish up the 1911 box.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lancaster County)

Here is an updated picture with the form fitted foam. It was actually a pretty simple task. If nothing else I know everything will now be in the same spot as when I closed the lid.

Last edited by bripro; August 30th, 2018 at 08:26 AM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'll never take that risk again. I do believe that others have had no issue, but I had surface rust form in 2-3 days after leaving a rifle in a case (with foam) after a group shoot.
    Quoted for truth! Two days+rifle case= ruined finish on a 700BDL Custom Deluxe 30.06

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast