Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Exclamation Helping a member

Recently one of our very prominent members suffered an illness/injury. The guy takes care of a wife and kids, works a couple jobs, and still finds the time to help many folks here. Many folks have benefited from his "handy flier."

Now I see he's posting some of his guns for sell to make ends meet. Like him or hate him, he does alot for this forum, both in the spotlight and behind the scene. I wondering what the consensus would be to having a fund drive to help him along a little in his time of need.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to do it. I'm very good at what I do, but fund raising isn't on that list.
    No signature required.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Helping a member

PM Greg, he's been handling SFN's fundraiser and seems to know what hes doing.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Well first off, Some one should see if he really wants to see this AR or if he would be better of holding it and maybe some of us can help him out a bit.

Here is what it seems he needs..

• A Mechanic, Anyone here do good mechanics on trucks that can help our friend out?
    • A decent computer. I know there are some around here that have access to good computers. I know there is a server up near Philly. Maybe that can work out for him.
    • Money to cover medical expences.. While I know there are funds for other people, Many times the shoe maker is the one with holes in his shoes.. We can use the same fund person, just tell Greg its for Rich.
    Time to stand up guys. We need a Mechanic and a puter. I'll try to get my butt off the chair and make a few pens too.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Perhaps the yardsale type deal where people sell products with the funds go to Rich?

(Westmoreland County)

This is what I love about this place people pulling together. There are some solid humans on this forum.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    PM Greg, he's been handling SFN's fundraiser and seems to know what hes doing.
    PM sent (ten characters)
    No signature required.

(Armstrong County)

How about a charity shooting match(rifle and or pistol) or maybe a gunshow where admission fees and a percentage of each sale go towards this man.
    I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I'll see what I can find out about a computer. I know someone who sells good quality refurbished computers for CHEAP. If all that is needed is a cpu and not a monitor and peripherals (sp?) I am sure he can find a good deal. I'll see what I can find out and maybe send the contact info/url to our friend in need. If it's a server that is needed I don't know if he deals in them or not, but he might know someone who does.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt7546 View Post
    Recently one of our very prominent members suffered an illness/injury. The guy takes care of a wife and kids, works a couple jobs, and still finds the time to help many folks here. Many folks have benefited from his "handy flier."

Now I see he's posting some of his guns for sell to make ends meet. Like him or hate him, he does alot for this forum, both in the spotlight and behind the scene. I wondering what the consensus would be to having a fund drive to help him along a little in his time of need.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to do it. I'm very good at what I do, but fund raising isn't on that list.

My thoughts exactly. I'm down!
    FUCK BIDEN

I'm always up for a good cause, count me in. I don't know where the fella lives but I'm a decent shadetree mechanic(i own 5 vehicles the youngest 12 y.o., maintain 3 others and rarely see a shop). PM me on the location. If we can save a good man from losing his possessions I strongly feel we should.

I deeply understand his plight. I lost everything in 1993 due to illness. I have worked since I was 12 (with a small gap in my teen years) and what I had I earned. In 93 I lost my home, a car, career, health, scuba gear, parachute, motorcycle, a few guns, hope, and feared the future. We have the ability to stop that, or at least slow it down and let that family know there is a community of people, many strangers to them, that care about them. It will be invaluble to them during this time. I not yet sure of whom we speak but I do trust the posters thus far and will abide in that trust.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast