Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock 26 or Glock 43 for CC

So currently Im carrying a Kahr CM9. Ive had it a couple of years and it conceals really easy. That being said im a huge Glock fan. My favorite all time pistol is a Glock 19 but a little to big for CC. Looking at switching my CC to a glock. If you had a choice would you go with a 43 or a 26? Im leaning towards a 26 due to the magazine of the 19 being able to be used as wel but im open to a 43.
    Whats everyones thought?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Glock 26 or Glock 43 for CC

You need to wear a tee shirt, go to gun shop, and try both.

(Allegheny County)

OK, since you asked for my thoughts here you go.

I've owned 7 Glock 43s, carried it daily for about 11 months or so. Love the grip, love how it fits my hand, love how it conceals and carries. I shoot it good, I've probably fired around 2,000 rounds through them total. BUT - I don't like shooting it. After 50 rounds +/- I am done with it. I have given the 43 some chances (I originally bought 2, then 3, then 2 = I always buy spares of my EDC gun) I am done with the 43.

In May, I ran across a Gen 3 Glock 26 that had a custom grip reduction and stippling job. Fit my hand perfect. Purchased it and have been carry it since then except when I feel the need to carry my 19 (my favorite Glock and the one currently on my hip).

My wife made the switch to the Glock 26 as her EDC gun in 2005. She has carried it in a FIST ultra-thin IWB holster daily since then. Her 26 has over 15,000 rounds closer to 20,000 at this time. First time it has ever had a jam was last week, she short stroked the slide while reloading and caused a double feed, again she caused the malfunction herself. The gun has performed flawlessly.

A couple of years ago, she tried the 43. After two mags she handed the gun back to our friend who owned it and said "nope, I'll stick to my 26".

Shoot both, run drills with both; multiple rounds, strong hand/weak hand only, reload drills, etc... see which one works best for you.

Good luck on your decision.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Really recommend the Glock 43s.I have my personal one and have sold several over the year I got on trades,every buyer lets me know how happy with the G-43 over their old G 26s and G-19s.I still also carry the G 19 but for ease and lighter carry its the G 43.

(Bucks County)

+1 on the 43. For me, the 26 is a little fat for cc. Try both on for size.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Allegheny County)

I'd go with the 26. It's like owning multiple Glock's at once due to the magazine acceptability, besides that you have the Kahr for when you need a smaller carry option. Regarding the 43, I'd go with a S&W shield instead in the single stack 9 category, then theres that Sig P365...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Westmoreland County)

Since you already have the 19, the 26 makes the most sense. I have a 17, but carry the 43 daily. Just easier to live with, and I shoot it almost as well as the big gun. Try both (shoot them if you can) and see what works for you.

(Montgomery County)

I'm not a fan of IWB carry. 43 slips into my front jeans pocket (with a pocket holster of course). Nobody notices the print. A 26 is too fat for the same.

As for shooting the thing is concerned, It's not my favorite gun to shoot but it's not bad either. I can definitely go more than 50 rounds with it before saying "no more." My least favorite part is the small mags and having to reload all the time, more than anything else.

(Lehigh County)

Since you already have the 19, I would go with the 43. It's much thinner than the 26, which isn't that much smaller than your 19.

(Montgomery County)

In terms of size it goes: CM9, 43, 26, 19. With the CM9 and 19 you have "all bases covered" for carry IMO. If you just have a new gun itch (no issue there...) decide would you rather have a slightly smaller G19 that shares mags or a slightly larger single stack small pistol in Glock form.

26 wins capacity, 43 wins comfort (unless capacity makes you comfortable at the expense of actual comfort)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast