Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 26 or Glock 43 for CC

I had a 43 and couldn't bring myself to like it. The recoil, while not difficult to control or painful, seemed to be directed to one specific area in my hand and being thin and light ended up making my palm sore after a 100+ rounds. Plus, IMO, it does not have the traditional Glock trigger. It is a pound to pound and a half heavier. I ended up trading it toward a used 26 with factory night sites. With a sturdy belt and button down shirt, I can carry it OWB with no problem. Some days it seems to fall into place easier than others and I imagine this would be less an issue with a single stack but until my Shield gets broken in, the 26 will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    I had a 43 and couldn't bring myself to like it. The recoil, while not difficult to control or painful, seemed to be directed to one specific area in my hand and being thin and light ended up making my palm sore after a 100+ rounds. Plus, IMO, it does not have the traditional Glock trigger. It is a pound to pound and a half heavier. I ended up trading it toward a used 26 with factory night sites. With a sturdy belt and button down shirt, I can carry it OWB with no problem. Some days it seems to fall into place easier than others and I imagine this would be less an issue with a single stack but until my Shield gets broken in, the 26 will do just fine.
    The early 43 models shipped with a 7.5-8lb trigger. The newer models ship with 5.5-6lb triggers. If someone has an early model they can call Glock and they will change out the parts for free. The only PITA is you have to send the pistol in. I just ordered the OEM parts from the Glock Store for a few bucks and installed then myself.

I love my 17 and like the 43, the 26 is my least favorite and least useful in my opinion. If you going to carry a 26 might as well carry the 19 little difference in comfortable.

(Lancaster County)

I have the 26. While it is a fantastic pistol, it is very clunky. It's wide and doesn't fit in the waistband very well (especially with a holster) I love mine, and shoot it well, but rarely carry it.
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Delaware County)

Bought a 26 before the 43's were out and sticking with it. Not a pocket carry, but I understand the 43 really isn't either. Since either would go on the waist, may as well go with the 26.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lancaster County)

I thought I was interested in the 43s when they first came around. Then I realized I have that base covered with a PM9.
    Much of the bulk you feel when you carry the G19 will still be there with a G26.
    I know this doesn’t answer your question.
    I’ll go back to looking through the classifieds now. ; )
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Blair County)

My EDC has been a 26 for about four years now, gen 3. Before that it was a G29. I really like the size and feel of these sub compact Glocks. I use the Magpul 12 round mags in my 26 and i keep a 33 round in the glove box for emergency. I dont like anything smaller.....but if i were to go with a single stack i prefer the mp2.0 shield over the g43. I like having a little beefier grip to grab onto if i have to draw in a stressful situation. I use a thin kydex iwb holster and it adds literally no bulk to the gun, i can wear it in shorts and a tshirt without printing. It shoots very well out to 15 yards. I can shoot it all day without hand fatigue. I have lots of other guns and holsters, I cant imagine carrying anything else every day.

(Allegheny County)

I have a Ruger LC9S which is a nice lightweight thin gun and conceals very easily. With that being said I do like carrying my Glock 26. I know I shoot it really well, and it carries 10 rounds in the magazine.

IMG_1170.jpg

(Berks County)

G43 in a pocket holster.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Philadelphia County)

I have the Glock 19, 26, and 43. I also have the Kahr PM9 and the Smith & Wesson 9mm Shield. Even being a Glock fan, I must say the PM 9 and Shield are best for pocket carry OWB carry, but the S&W Shield gets my highest marks overall.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

(Philadelphia County)

Definitely go with the Glock 26, which is my recommendation. Like others have mentioned you can use glock 17 or 19 magazines interchangeably with the Glock 26. In my experience while shooting the Glock 26, it was one of the few sub compact weapons, which gave me the the stability and near feel of a full size/compact weapon, such as the Glock 19. Good luck with your decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12