Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Concealed Carry Licenses with Misdemeanor under Limited Access

Hello everyone,

Quick question about obtaining a LTCF with a misdemeanor under the drug and cosmetic act (drug paraphernalia) that has currently been put under Limited Access by all law enforcement agencies due to no arrests or other crimes in the past 10 years.

Would the PA State Police give someone a LTCF since they have shown that they have not commited any crimes during the past 10 years and that the DA and Judge put the record under Limited Access? I was reading that "(iv) An individual who, within the past ten years, has been adjudicated delinquent for a crime enumerated in section 6105 or for an offense under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act." http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...tn=9&subsctn=0.
    Does this mean that if the charge/conviction happened longer than 10 years ago then you're clear?

I was charged with the misdemeanor when I was 19, and since then completely turned my life around and was "made an example" as the DA said when he convicted me. That was my only arrest and conviction on my record. I'm hoping I can obtain a LTCF without going through the long and expensive process of getting a pardon, which I will if I have to.

EDIT: My lawyer that worked on my Limited Access case was not 100% sure how this would affect my ability to obtain LTCF

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by aviator; July 26th, 2018 at 09:35 AM.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Licenses with Misdemeanor under Limited Access

Contact a lawyer.. Phil aka Gunlawer on this site would be a great start..
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Berks County)

That limited access does not apply to law agencies, only employers and other people looking into your past. Violent and drug related M2's are a no go for an LTCF. I am not a lawyer either and you might want to check with one but I did have to dig into it a bit myself so I got familiar with it. You might want to shoot for a pardon but that is a long, drawn out process that will probably take several years at the minimum.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

I am aware that limited access does not apply to law agencies, but I was wondering if it would weigh into the decision if the law says "(iv) An individual who, within the past ten years, has been adjudicated delinquent for a crime enumerated in section 6105 or for an offense under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act." "
    I am also aware of the Pardon process, and it will cost me about $7,000... which i don't care... i'm getting this done one way or another.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aviator View Post
    I am aware that limited access does not apply to law agencies, but I was wondering if it would weigh into the decision if the law says "(iv) An individual who, within the past ten years, has been adjudicated delinquent for a crime enumerated in section 6105 or for an offense under The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act." "
    I am also aware of the Pardon process, and it will cost me about $7,000... which i don't care... i'm getting this done one way or another.
    To my knowledge the only thing that was changed with this new law is the visibility of the offense to non law enforcement individuals. If you do find differently please report back.

(Berks County)

It changes nothing; you're still prohibited - and the pardon process should only cost around $3500.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    It changes nothing; you're still prohibited - and the pardon process should only cost around $3500.
    Can you recommend anyone that is familiar with pardons specifically for obtaining a concealed carry permit in that price range? For $3500 I would start the process today.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aviator View Post
    Can you recommend anyone that is familiar with pardons specifically for obtaining a concealed carry permit in that price range? For $3500 I would start the process today.
    https://firearmsindustryconsultinggroup.com/

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    Quoted for the truth^^

ALL, and I mean ALL, convictions whether they be summary, misdemeanor, or felony for the Drug & Cosmetics Act will prohibit you for a LTCF in PA.

The only recourse is a pardon, then get an expungement after that.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Any drug conviction prohibits the issuance of a LTCF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast