Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Hiperfire Genesis, elite, or reflex?

If you could only have one (Genesis, elite, or reflex), which one would you (or did you) get and why?

I'm just a casual shooter. Mostly bench shooting. Looking for something better than milspec.

-Zach

Default Re: Hiperfire Genesis, elite, or reflex?

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    If you could only have one (Genesis, elite, or reflex), which one would you (or did you) get and why?

I'm just a casual shooter. Mostly bench shooting. Looking for something better than milspec.

-Zach
    I loves me some Geissele triggers. Have a several in various AR-type rifles. My favorite is the SD-3G I installed in my wife's KS-47. It's sort of a hybrid single/double stage trigger. I like the Hiperfire triggers, but if I'm spending that kind of money, I'm buying Geissele.

For less than half the price, the AIM SSTAT trigger is *almost* as nice as some of my Geissele triggers. Only caveat is you need to buy anti walk pins for the SSTAT.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I loves me some Geissele triggers. Have a several in various AR-type rifles. My favorite is the SD-3G I installed in my wife's KS-47. It's sort of a hybrid single/double stage trigger. I like the Hiperfire triggers, but if I'm spending that kind of money, I'm buying Geissele.

For less than half the price, the AIM SSTAT trigger is *almost* as nice as some of my Geissele triggers. Only caveat is you need to buy anti walk pins for the SSTAT.
    Geissele has sales on holidays and they send cool beans swag and they are like in norristown pa. Local boys yo!
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve got several hiperfires. Once you get away from the lower end line the eclipse and 24c etc all feel really similar

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I*ve got several hiperfires. Once you get away from the lower end line the eclipse and 24c etc all feel really similar
    Thanks. I ended up ordering the elite. I couldn't justify the cost difference to the reflex (yeah, i know, it is like 25$) and the Genesis has a bit lower of a trigger pull but more creep so...i don't know. It should all feel better than what I'm using now.

I read a lot of reviews last night and all of them were favorable. Most were the higher end triggers from competition shooters. But I'm not competing and some reviews said the difference between all of them is splitting hairs since they are all so much better than milspec.

Not to shit on the geissele triggers, but there were a few reviews online that talked about how in dirty guns, the geissele triggers failed to reset. In one instance, in as few as 100 rounds.

I don't run my guns dirty. I don't use a can. So it is a non issue here. But it is something to consider if you are into low maintenance.

Edit: link to review that mentioned geissele failure:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...e-trigger/amp/

-Zach

(Blair County)

I rarely clean my ARs and I've never had an issue. My DMR style rifle hasn't been cleaned in over 1200 rounds or a few years. I just spray it with CLP when i get to the range and go to town.

(Lackawanna County)

Just an FYI. Geisselle has several socom contracts for their triggers. You won’t find a gun ran harder or dirtier than those guys.

(Bucks County)

Just an FYI. Geisselle has several socom contracts for their triggers. You won*t find a gun ran harder or dirtier than those guys.
    I don't doubt it. I don't recall if the article mentioned the specific trigger that failed. I'm willing to bet it is a relatively light competition trigger. I don't know what kind of contract triggers geissele is making. But I'm sure they work as intended on a variety of extreme conditions.

-Zach

(Lackawanna County)

It very well could have been run in a PCC too

(Bucks County)

It very well could have been run in a PCC too
    Yep. I just run a milspec trigger in my pcc. Maybe one day I'll put something nicer in. But I'm also running a 10oz buffer. I imagine that would beat the crap out of most FCG.

-Zach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast