Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Fall 2018 offerings from PSA.

I got a chance to handle their MP5 clone at shot show 2018, they only had one ,but it was put together dam nice and functioned smoothly , would have loved to have been able to shoot it. If they can keep the production models as nice and keep the price low ,they will sell a bunch of them, but they will have to function great. I have a variety of PSA stuff and I only have had one bad upper which they replaced immediately after taking a look at the barrel, it had extraction and feeding issues. Turnaround time was only 4 days after they received it back ,pretty quick response to my issue.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Berks County)

I think many are hoping the PSA MP5 clone delivers. I think it would have to be around $1300-$1400 to be successful though. Much more than that, and most will go to a Zenith or POF.

(Allegheny County)

Wow. As much as I think the MP5 and clones are super-awesome-cool and all, in the umpteen thousand years since they were introduced, there have been about a gazillion 9mm alternatives released.

I think I could find something for half that price and be just as satisfied.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

I have to agree with Emptymag there are a lot of other options out there ,I just picked the Grand Power Stribog 9mm sub gun, they are $704.00 right now. I did add a SB3A brace and extra mags, but it's still under $900. If PSA delivers what they said they where going to a MP5 clone at about $1000 ,they will sell like hot cakes. It will however have to function well and look good.

(Armstrong County)

The MP5 "want" is because its an MP5. There may be other new alternatives out there, with more add-on abilities, and cheaper. But is not an MP5. Same as the Uzi, everyone has this iconic image of it. Its a piece of shit heavy subgun. But it works like a Glock, and its been in front of our eyes for years as a badass weapon.

For some the MP5 is worth the wait and cost. As a suppressed weapon, it will always win. Blowback and piston guns just cant hold a candle to the delayed roller blowback in lack of sound or smoothness. At least in my opinion.

"I can sell you a car for $450, but it wont be a Hemi"
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Northampton County)

I have had a lot of the MP5 clones and some actual HK's come through my shop. we are talking HK $2500 down to 1300 on POF's . Of course the HK and Zenith look great and have better finish and overall quality. The POF's work but look a little on the rough side in welds and finish. I will agree people who buy one have that want. For me in terms of practical use this type of firearm would not be on first my list. I don't care care for heavy firearms, I would prefer a glock mag 9mm ar pistol over one of these every time. I like light faster handling firearms. However it PSA can deliver a unit in the 1K range that looks sharp and functions perfect I am sure I would buy one and i would stock up on the new ETS 40 rounder mags that just got released. I just won't spend that 1700 to 2500 on another 9mm subgun.

(Lancaster County)

I recently got a 9mm AR style pistol from them - takes Glock mags - and runs flawlessly - what a hoot to shoot and it was just under $500 with free shipping - LOVE IT !
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wow. As much as I think the MP5 and clones are super-awesome-cool and all, in the umpteen thousand years since they were introduced, there have been about a gazillion 9mm alternatives released.

I think I could find something for half that price and be just as satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have to agree with Emptymag there are a lot of other options out there ,I just picked the Grand Power Stribog 9mm sub gun, they are $704.00 right now. I did add a SB3A brace and extra mags, but it's still under $900. If PSA delivers what they said they where going to a MP5 clone at about $1000 ,they will sell like hot cakes. It will however have to function well and look good.
    Absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    The MP5 "want" is because its an MP5. There may be other new alternatives out there, with more add-on abilities, and cheaper. But is not an MP5. Same as the Uzi, everyone has this iconic image of it. Its a piece of shit heavy subgun. But it works like a Glock, and its been in front of our eyes for years as a badass weapon.

For some the MP5 is worth the wait and cost. As a suppressed weapon, it will always win. Blowback and piston guns just cant hold a candle to the delayed roller blowback in lack of sound or smoothness. At least in my opinion.

Also absolutely true.

I have had a lot of the MP5 clones and some actual HK's come through my shop. we are talking HK $2500 down to 1300 on POF's . Of course the HK and Zenith look great and have better finish and overall quality. The POF's work but look a little on the rough side in welds and finish. I will agree people who buy one have that want. For me in terms of practical use this type of firearm would not be on first my list. I don't care care for heavy firearms, I would prefer a glock mag 9mm ar pistol over one of these every time. I like light faster handling firearms. However it PSA can deliver a unit in the 1K range that looks sharp and functions perfect I am sure I would buy one and i would stock up on the new ETS 40 rounder mags that just got released. I just won't spend that 1700 to 2500 on another 9mm subgun.
    Ditto.

If you want an MP5 (or clone), you want an MP5 (or clone). If you just want a semi-auto 9mm subgun, there are other options like the CZ EVO and Stribog. I wouldn't really consider a 9mm AR a PCC/subgun though, but it does fill a niche.

And everyone has a budget. You can SBR a 9mm AR for about $700. An EVO is about $1100. Probably the same for a Stribog if stocks become available. Price to SBR a POF or Zenith will approach $2k, an HK will approach $3k. Don't ya'll love the choices?!
    Last edited by esh21167; July 30th, 2018 at 06:18 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post

That's the neat thing about guns, America and Pennsylvania, we're allowed to have more than one so 'both' and 'all' are definitely options, not just 'instead of'.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast