Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: 9th Circuit rules that public carry is protected by the 2A

Does someone have dirt on the judges to blackmail them into this ruling? It's the second pro gun ruling they made it a week.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    The ruling is by a 3 Judge panel and it will go to the "full" 9th circus and sure to be struck down. Set up to rule it's illegal and not a right.
    And then maybe the Supremes can get it right......
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Perry County)

Yup, can't get too excited. All of the judges that ruled on this were Republican appointed. The one from Hawaii appointed by GWB dissented. A GWB and Reagan appointment ruled in favor of public open carry. The court is still heavily left. But it's still a slap at the left. Eventually, the SCOTUS will have to take one of these.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Indiana County)

Even with a full 9th circus, wouldn't it be kind of hard for them to justify banning both open and concealed carry? I'm sure they'll figure a way to do it, if they accept the full circus request. All they really have to do is let the three-judge ruling stand, which would thoroughly screw Hawaii and California.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Does someone have dirt on the judges to blackmail them into this ruling? It's the second pro gun ruling they made it a week.
    I think I figured it out. Since they are the most reversed court in the country they are trying reverse psychology with the thought that their decision will be reversed if (when) it gets to the supremes. `Damn sneaky is you ask me.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

It's fun to dream and get excited about forcing rogue territories to comply with the Union's laws and our fundamental rights- but this article, along with many others is not only misleading, it's not a victory and it is nothing to celebrate about. At all. MARK MY WORDS- THEY WILL EN BANC THIS AND SINK IT. I herein quote myself from social media:

Before everyone gets excited- and before people message me the link to this article or ones like it- This news piece's title is not only misleading, but wrong. Let me explain.
    A circuit court has three judges that rule on any given case sent up to them. These judges can be a mix of any political party. If a plaintiff or defendant does not like the result of the ruling, they can appeal EN BANC to see if the entire circuit will overturn the ruling.
    I guarantee that if an en banc is granted then this case is dead and moot. Given historic precedence that the Supreme Court is, and I quote: 'afraid' to set precedent on the right to keep and bear arms, and that an unusually high percentage of gun rights cases are granted en banc- that this 'victory' is absolutely nothing to celebrate about.
    When the en banc is denied or the supreme court ends Maryland and friend's horse shit, then give me a call. We'll have a few drinks..
    Those of you who live in Maryland thinking 'that's illegal!' have been wronged. Brainwashed and controlled. There is almost nothing I wish for more than the destruction of Maryland and friend's bullshit gun laws. We're coming for them (the laws), but this case is likely going to go the route Peruta did. In the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    No blackmail or dirt. Mikelets456 nailed it earlier, All of it is just a show to tee the Second Amendment up for new full court 9th Circuit opinions eviscerating the Second Amendment.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; July 24th, 2018 at 06:57 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Is the 9th on drugs? Or maybe are there new judges recently? They've been ruling unusually sensibly lately - this one coming out of the 9th floored me more than them holding pausing the CA magazine ban.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    It's fun to dream and get excited about forcing rogue territories to comply with the Union's laws and our fundamental rights- but this article, along with many others is not only misleading, it's not a victory and it is nothing to celebrate about. At all. MARK MY WORDS- THEY WILL EN BANC THIS AND SINK IT. I herein quote myself from social media:
    I'm going to disagree. A friend brought this up on an private mailing list, and it makes a lot of sense to me. I don't think they will risk en-blank. Too much to loose, just like May Issue in D.C. since he said it better I'll post his words:

"My (non-lawyer) thinking: If they go en banc, the 9th will likely side with them, and then the case will all but certainly be appealed to SCOTUS. With Kavanaugh likely on board by then, will Chief Justice Roberts finally accept this case? If that happens, there’s a fair chance they’ll lose, and that loss will set precedent for the entire country.

As with DC losing its may-issue case a few months back, it’s largely believed the remaining may-issue jurisdictions pressured DC into accepting their loss and becoming shall-issue.

PERHAPS those same pressures will be brought to bear on the Aloha state and they’ll opt for becoming shall-issue rather than risk it for the entire country.

As I said, I’m no lawyer, but that path wouldn’t surprise me. I believe that’s why DC is (thankfully) now shall-issue. Had they appealed and lost, all the other may-issue states would have been flipped to shall-issue pretty quickly.

That’s my simplistic logic on this, anyway. Perhaps there’s good reason I’m a propeller head computer geek and not a lawyer."

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I'm going to disagree. A friend brought this up on an private mailing list, and it makes a lot of sense to me. I don't think they will risk en-blank. Too much to loose, just like May Issue in D.C. since he said it better I'll post his words:

"My (non-lawyer) thinking: If they go en banc, the 9th will likely side with them, and then the case will all but certainly be appealed to SCOTUS. With Kavanaugh likely on board by then, will Chief Justice Roberts finally accept this case? If that happens, there’s a fair chance they’ll lose, and that loss will set precedent for the entire country.

As with DC losing its may-issue case a few months back, it’s largely believed the remaining may-issue jurisdictions pressured DC into accepting their loss and becoming shall-issue.

PERHAPS those same pressures will be brought to bear on the Aloha state and they’ll opt for becoming shall-issue rather than risk it for the entire country.

As I said, I’m no lawyer, but that path wouldn’t surprise me. I believe that’s why DC is (thankfully) now shall-issue. Had they appealed and lost, all the other may-issue states would have been flipped to shall-issue pretty quickly.

That’s my simplistic logic on this, anyway. Perhaps there’s good reason I’m a propeller head computer geek and not a lawyer."
    I agree with this logic. In the DC case, I remember reading articles citing that NJ and NY were pleading with DC to *NOT* appeal their ruling to SCOTUS, as NJ and NY feared that a SCOTUS ruling would have made them and the whole country shall issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast