Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Can he own a firearm?

I got some looking to buy a gun from me that has a past criminal mischief charge, $3000 in damages. He got a $2000 fine & ARD would, Would that make him unable to own a firearm?

Just wondering if anyone knows.

Thanks

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Can he own a firearm?

https://www.mystatecollegelawyer.com...inal-mischief/

If the defendant intentionally causes over $1,000 worth of damage, the charge is graded as a misdemeanor of the second degree. A second-degree misdemeanor has a maximum sentence of two years’ incarceration and a $5,000 fine.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jppaul16438 View Post
    I got some looking to buy a gun from me that has a past criminal mischief charge, $3000 in damages. He got a $2000 fine & ARD would, Would that make him unable to own a firearm?

Just wondering if anyone knows.

Thanks
    If you want to play it safe and remove any liability, run the transfer through an FFL.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Lehigh County)

I assume you are talking long gun? If in doubt do the transfer at a FFL and get a PICs check. If a handgun, it has to be a FFL so check is already on the table.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    If you want to play it safe and remove any liability, run the transfer through an FFL.
    Its going through a ffl anyways, Its a pistol. I just wanted to try to figure out if its a waste of time.

(Berks County)

Sounds like it’s a waste of time. Personally, I’d walk.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jppaul16438 View Post
    Its going through a ffl anyways, Its a pistol. I just wanted to try to figure out if its a waste of time.
    He pays you for the gun, FFL logs it in, at that point you are done with the transaction. If the guy fails the BGC, it's now the buyers problem to work it out with the FFL. As long as you tell the FFL this up front, it's an honest transaction and you can walk away with your money. It's not your responsbility to understand this guy's criminal past, that's his problem. If he thinks he can buy a gun, let him.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Allegheny County)

He pays you for the gun, FFL logs it in, at that point you are done with the transaction. If the guy fails the BGC, it's now the buyers problem to work it out with the FFL. As long as you tell the FFL this up front, it's an honest transaction and you can walk away with your money. It's not your responsbility to understand this guy's criminal past, that's his problem. If he thinks he can buy a gun, let him.
    Yeah, someone with a criminal past would probably be totally cool with losing their money and getting no gun in return.
    LOL!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I was going to say just about the same thing. Collect upfront before entering the store. The FFL owns the gun once it is logged into their book. They own the gun from that point forward. If he fails the BG check that's on him. Please let us know how things turn out.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I was going to say just about the same thing. Collect upfront before entering the store. The FFL owns the gun once it is logged into their book. They own the gun from that point forward. If he fails the BG check that's on him. Please let us know how things turn out.
    Exactly. Not the sellers problem.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast