Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default LEO Pistol Qualification League (Western Washington County)

Washington County Tactical Range LEO Pistol Qualification League is held every Tuesday night at 6:30 PM starting on July 24th and ending on October 30th. The weekly shooting fee is $10 for non-members, $5 for members, and free for life members.

On most nights we will run the course twice. Your league score will be the average of your 10 best scores for the season. You are not required to shoot each Tuesday, the only requirement is you run the course at least 10 times during the season. At the end of the season, the person with the highest league score will win a one-year membership to the range plus a 3-MG shooting package.

Each week the course will require shooting 12 rounds each at 15, 21, 30, 45, and 75 feet. Each week the course of fire will be slighted changed, however, each distance will always be two strings of six shots each. Magazines will always be loaded with 3 rounds each to force a magazine change during each string. We will be shooting 60 rounds with a perfect score being 120 points.

Shooters are required to bring 60 rounds of ammo, a pistol, 2 magazines, safety glasses, ear protection, baseball style hat, and holster. Acceptable calibers are 380 ACP, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, and 357 SIG. If you want to use something different, please ask before arriving.

Any questions, call or text us at 724-249-5112. Spectators are welcomed at no cost. Shooters must be 16+ years old. Absolutely no one under 16 years old is allowed on the range.

Shooters will pay upon arriving and sign the release form. Members should be ready to show membership ID card. Guests must also sign a release form. Everyone on the range must ear and eye protection while anyone is shooting.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: LEO Pistol Qualification League (Western Washington County)

I'm in.
    27Hans
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Washington County)

Just to clarify, this event is open to the public and you do NOT need to be an LEO to attend. The only requirement is you must be 16+ years old.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Allegheny County)

Looks good,
    My wife and I will be heading down on Tuesday.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

This was a great time.
    Saw the Orives together for the first time since we shot IDPA at Greater Pitt a few years ago.
    Tredd changed up the course of fire a bit from the LEO qualification we ran a couple weeks ago and will make changes every week just to make it interesting. We basically load 3 rounds in each mag to practice mag changes during every string.

We shot 12 rounds ea. at 5. 7 10, 15 and 25 yards. The 60 rounds are worth 2 points each for a total of 120 points.

The second run , I changed guns to my carry glock 19 (having run the G17 on the first run).

I think I'll have some fun here and run a G32 in .357 Sig and G23 next week.

After that, I'll do a run each with a Colt 1991A1 and a M&P Shield.

Might run a revolver night with a SW66-2 and a Ruger Redhawk ( shits and giggles)..

I will have to do a few practice runs at 25 yds to see if I can hit paper with some of these. ha.

Beyond that I'm not sure if the Kahr family might come out.

If you are anywhere around, come on out. The non member fee is $10 which takes care of targets and RSO.

What I like is the fact that its a regimented shoot which makes me want to get out there.

Shooting with others on the line is, for me, more interesting than punching paper by myself.

This is not a head to head competition. This is to shoot for yourself and see if you can improve your shooting skills as we get further along
    from now till the last week in Oct..
    We emphsize safety, review range commands and score targets after each 12 round stage.

A great time with like minded people.

More of the particulars in the first post.

27huntingfortheelusiveperfectrunhand ha.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    This was a great time.
    Saw the Orives together for the first time since we shot IDPA at Greater Pitt a few years ago.
    Tredd changed up the course of fire a bit from the LEO qualification we ran a couple weeks ago and will make changes every week just to make it interesting. We basically load 3 rounds in each mag to practice mag changes during every string.

A great time with like minded people.

More of the particulars in the first post.

27huntingfortheelusiveperfectrunhand ha.
    Surprisingly we had great weather for our first shoot of our Tuesday LEO League. The thunderstorms missed us and while a little hot, it wasn't to bad out. I'll post scores later today, but what I found most exciting and gratifying was to see how much each shooter improved on their 2nd run of the course. Several shooters saw a 10+ point improvement over their first run, that's incredible. I can see these guys shooting 117+ in a few weeks.

What this league really does is allow the casual shooter to get out their carry gun and shoot it once a week from the holster from distances of 5 to 25 yards. While we are keeping scores for each shooter and giving the end-of-year winner a prize, the leaque really is about getting out to the range each week, drawing that firearm and shooting, building that muscle memory of changing mags when the firearm is empty, and challenging yourself to improve your score each week.

Only your top 10 scores are used for the leaque rankings, so if you have a bad week, no biggie. Our first night we shot twice, but I could see some nights doing 3 runs of the course.

FYI - doesn't matter how many times we run the course, shooters don't pay extra for extra runs of the course.

Hope to see more shooters this Tuesday !!!

(Washington County)

What? No revolvers?
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    What? No revolvers?
    Absolutely allowed. You just need to be able to reload after 3 rounds.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    What? No revolvers?
    One of the guys ran a revolver at an earlier class.
    Ill be doing so in a few weeks.
    I just have to see where my POI is with the guns I dont generally shoot at distance. In