Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Gun clubs open to new members?

Are there any gun clubs that are open to having new members in Allegheny. I live over by Sewickley. It seems that what I have found are clubs and organizations that are full and not accepting applications.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Gun clubs open to new members?

While we are 55 minutes away from Sewickley, we have many Pittsburgh members. Membership is currently open as we increase membership from 250 members to 300 members. There are no required meetings, no required volunteer time at our range, and you are not required to purchase anything from us (ammo, targets, etc). You get a key to the gate and you can shoot 7-days week from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday to Saturday and 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Sundays.

Details about the range:

http://www.washingtoncountyguns.com/range-details/

and here is membership info:

http://www.washingtoncountyguns.com/range/

1: Access to range 365 days a year from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday to Saturday and 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Sundays
    2: $10 FFL transfers for your online firearm purchases
    3: 10% off machine gun rental packages
    4: $50 per 30-minute machine gun rentals with your ammo. $75 for one hour. 40+ machine guns to choose from with a few exceptions. A few M16’s are $35 per 30-minutes and $50 for an hour.
    5: Free use of Breach Door, Range Car to shoot around and out of, 9-hold obstacles, ETargets, and free bowling pins to shoot.
    6: Rent 50-yard range for family events $100 per 4-hours, includes grill and picnic tables. No limit on number of guests during that 4-hour period.
    7: Members can bring a non-member once a month to range at no cost. Non-Members are limited to TWO guest passes per year.
    8: No required meetings or work details
    9: No limitation on rate of fire or number of rounds in magazines
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Allegheny County)

Great club: http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/

Unfortunately, about a 50 minute drive for you.

Some videos of activities at PMSC : https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tsmen%27s+club+
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Coraopolis Sportsmen, www.cdsa.biz, will probably open membership around the end of the year. You can get on the waiting list now. If interested, to to the website and get the information for membership there.

Dormont Mt Lebanon will probably open membership after the first of the year. Their website is www.mdi.net/dml
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

Stickler,

As has been mentioned, check out PMSC and Washington County M.G. Range.
    Also check to see if Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club is accepting members, its a good one and should be around 30 mins +/- from Sewickly. I used to shoot IDPA at the club, nice club.

https://www.bvrpc.org/
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Stickler,

Also check to see if Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club is accepting members, its a good one and should be around 30 mins +/- from Sewickly. I used to shoot IDPA at the club, nice club.

BVRPC hasn't been accepting new members in the last quarter of the year. This is to let the membership secretary process renewals from October through New Years Eve. Just a "heads up". I second Orive 8 on the recommendation.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
    Coraopolis Sportsmen, www.cdsa.biz, will probably open membership around the end of the year. You can get on the waiting list now. If interested, to to the website and get the information for membership there.

Dormont Mt Lebanon will probably open membership after the first of the year. Their website is www.mdi.net/dml
    I applied for Cory's club.. great location to the house and nice people. They were full last time I applied.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Stickler,

Beaver County needs you to have a sponsor.. I will have to start making friends.!!!

(Allegheny County)

Perhaps outline what you want in a club.
    Many places have great looking facilities but for safety?? concerns, limit the number of rounds in the gun, some disallow holster presentations, shooting steel, moving and shooting. Some may limit your rate of fire to one round per sec.
    There are some odd requirements and limitations under the guise of "safety".
    Only 3 rounds in a rifle for safety when it only takes how many to have an negligent discharge?
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Perhaps outline what you want in a club.
    Many places have great looking facilities but for safety?? concerns, limit the number of rounds in the gun, some disallow holster presentations, shooting steel, moving and shooting. Some may limit your rate of fire to one round per sec.
    There are some odd requirements and limitations under the guise of "safety".
    Only 3 rounds in a rifle for safety when it only takes how many to have an negligent discharge?
    Sure...
    1. Location
    2. Location
    3. Other members aren't jerks
    4. Ability to keep costs down on range time
    5. It would be nice to have variety (e.g. a place to practice drawing from holster, maybe a place for trap, indoor and outdoor ranges) but less important than #1 &2
    6. Less expensive than Keystone (which I believe is now up to $35/month)

I am getting killed every time I rent range time episodically. Coraopolis was my first choice. I know some people who have been (possibly still are) members. I want to go to the range about once a week and build my skill ... maybe even compete someday (but mostly want to work on target and cc skills).
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast