Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Would a baseball bat to the head be any better?

(Lackawanna County)

Rule # 1 in life - Mind your own business.

Rule #1 carrying- Mind your own business.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Delaware County)

I can't stand when someone parks in fire lanes and handicapped spots just as much as the next guy. That being said, it's unwise to start verbal confrontations with ANYONE for ANY reason when you're carrying, because if the other party decides to escalate, you now become the guy with a gun who's starting fights.

That being said, and as another user recently mentions in this thread, the shooter doesn't appear to have any idea who the large, aggressive, attacking man is who shoves the hell out of him, then steps towards him and doesn't leave when presented with the business end of a pistol. For all the shooter seems to be able to know - and legally - the inappropriately parked car and his attacker have naught to do with each other.

Asshole #1 parks his car like a douche. Asshole #2 starts an argument with Asshole #3. Asshole #1 returns and blindsides Asshole #2 with violence, but Asshole #2 has a gun, so now Asshole #1 is dead.

Good shoot, by the law, but everyone involved is an asshole. Isn't this one of those, "give them all guns and let them sort themselves out" moments?
    Junior

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

If this incident isn't proof that everybody can be wrong and nobody in the right, I don't know what is. I can't stand nosy busybodies who don't mind their own business. So, as I see it, the self-appointed parking lot cop was out of line and should have either: a) minded his own business; or b) spent less than five seconds (not 90 seconds) reminding the woman that she was in a handicapped space. BUT, it sure looks like violent dad walked up and shoved him violently to the ground without warning or provocation, and Mr. Busybody never saw it coming.

Regardless of what happens legally or civilly to Mr. Busybody, this is a terrible event for concealed carry, gun rights and racial tensions.

(Delaware County)

Do we know if the shooter has a handicap placard? Because that actually sortof makes a difference in if he was 15% justified in giving the occupant of the other car a hard time, or 100%.

Having been a volunteer firefighter, people parking in the fire lane drives me bananas, and I've personally seen how people can get angry and violent when you call them on their inappropriate behavior.

I'm not saying that parking spaces should be enforced with bullets, but at what point do we stop tolerating people who have no consideration for anyone but themselves? If we as a society establish rules and guidelines for things like this, why do we need to "mind our business" when someone else disregards them? At what point did it become inappropriate for us to set the expectation that inconsiderate rule breaking should be corrected?
    Junior

(Berks County)

Years ago I used to deliver retail stores in strip malls with a trailer and a side lift gate. When I came upon one of those assholes parked at the curb I wrapped my truck around them and blocked them in and made them wait while I made my delivery. I never had one of them say a word to me.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post

I'm not saying that parking spaces should be enforced with bullets, but at what point do we stop tolerating people who have no consideration for anyone but themselves? If we as a society establish rules and guidelines for things like this, why do we need to "mind our business" when someone else disregards them? At what point did it become inappropriate for us to set the expectation that inconsiderate rule breaking should be corrected?
    This is a perfect example of why people need to mind their own business. When rules of etiquette are violated, who's place is it to point it out? When the law is violated, it is the police's job to enforce the law. This guy reminds me of the jerk that drives 55 in the left lane because he thinks he is enforcing the speed limit.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Years ago I used to deliver retail stores in strip malls with a trailer and a side lift gate. When I came upon one of those assholes parked at the curb I wrapped my truck around them and blocked them in and made them wait while I made my delivery. I never had one of them say a word to me.
    When I used to work for Pepsi, they did the same thing and also blocked the loading dock. In the burbs in was minor; in North Philly commonplace. They would get pissed if you asked them to move their vehicle to make a delivery*.

*not to mention stealing cases off the truck, if the opportunity presented itself.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    This is a perfect example of why people need to mind their own business. When rules of etiquette are violated, who's place is it to point it out? When the law is violated, it is the police's job to enforce the law. This guy reminds me of the jerk that drives 55 in the left lane because he thinks he is enforcing the speed limit.
    There's a difference between telling someone they are breaking a law. Such as telling them they are parking illegally,
    And physically preventing them from breaking a law. Such as driving 55 in the passing lane and holding up traffic behind them.
    --ET

He went looking for trouble by "playing cop". While he is being protected by law, he injected himself into a situation that was none of his business. Let the property owner deal with that issue. Call the police, non-emergency number, and let them know someone is parked in a spot. The man took a life for situation that the shooter created because he felt it his obligation/duty to call someone out. Now he needs to live with taking a life over a parking spot. Yeah, yeah, he was pushed. On that front, not sure if that justified drawing and shooting and the use of deadly force to hold ones ground. The other fellow should have walked away too. Anyway, a tragic situation.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast