Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    I hate when people park in the handicapped spots and are able to walk unassisted but I never actually say anything to them. I think they are abusing the privilege because they are "special" and are "entitled" to the convenience or maybe they feel they are smarter than the dolts that didn't think to game the system and get a handicapped plate.
    Don't be too quick on the trigger, there. I ( and many others ) am legally disabled but can still make it in and out of a store "unassisted" most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    There are probably dozens of other scenarios as well like people with neurological disorders while their legs work just fine they have issues with other things that can come on within an instant so parking your car close is something that might benefit them.

While it looks bad when some hops out of a car in a handicap spot we need to remember things are not always what they seem either.
    This...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    So... do we all agree the following?

4. Lots of stories by Dudbro and Boyfriend being asshats and super willing to escalate some shit multiple times by all accounts
    I have yet to see any police reports of the shooter threatening anyone, this is hearsay at the moment. that being said, it's the same state that ignored warnings about nicholas cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    I have yet to see any police reports of the shooter threatening anyone, this is hearsay at the moment. that being said, it's the same state that ignored warnings about nicholas cruz.
    You would probably have to do 10 minutes of reading but it's out there. The Sheriff has confirmed several times in interviews that the shooter is a well known instigator.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.873518256647

Reporters asked whether the fact that Drejka initiated the incident made him more culpable — pointing to previous complaints the sheriff’s office has received about him.

A few months ago, according to the Tampa Bay Times, Rick Kelly parked his tanker truck in the same handicapped spot and said he was confronted by Drejka.

Drejka walked around his truck, looking for handicap decals, then demanded to know why Kelly had parked there, the trucker told the Tampa Bay Times. At one point Drejka threatened to shoot Kelly.

(Allegheny County)

I was going by the stated reputations in the articles... but even just from the video.. even if he wasn't threatening harm... but he was certainly starting shit by being the self appointed parking police and getting the woman riled up enough to need to get out of the car.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

(Chester County)

so you're not going to violently shove me to the floor over an exchange of words?

do you threaten everyone who doesn't agree with you on this forum or are you going out of your way in my case?
    I was just thinking you'll be a great source of entertainment.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Thanks for the link but I wouldn't quote the washington post unless I was citing examples of fake news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.17973d250d16

Looks like the tampa bay paper is the only source reporting this "rick kelly tanker driver" encounter, funny how Sheriff Gualtieri left that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    but he was certainly starting shit by being the self appointed parking police and getting the woman riled up enough to need to get out of the car.
    how can we be sure that was her reason for leaving the car? the timing of her exiting the vehicle & when father of the year showed up seems to be more than coincidental.
    Last edited by mixednuts; July 22nd, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

I wonder if a Florida cop, while involved in a heated discussion pushed someone to the ground would the person be protected by Stand Your Ground if he shot the cop?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Thanks for the link but I wouldn't quote the washington post unless I was citing examples of fake news.

Looks like the tampa bay paper is the only source reporting this "rick kelly tanker driver" encounter, funny how Sheriff Gualtieri left that out.
    Of Course you wouldn't, unless it was on your side.

However if you read the article you will see that they are quoting other reporters questions as well as the sheriff's answers from a live press conference regarding the shooting and the release of the shooter with no charges.

Reading comprehension does still apply.

Fox new's more your thing?

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...deputies-say#/

According to Salous (store owner), it's not the first time Drejka started an argument over the parking spot. Salous said he wasn't surprised the fatal shooting occurred since he said he witnessed Drejka become argumentative last month.

"I told him, 'Don't do that,' and he won't listen," Salous explained to FOX 13.

He said he had to call the police after that fight.
    Sorry but the shooter appears to be a 1st class POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I wonder if a Florida cop, while involved in a heated discussion pushed someone to the ground would the person be protected by Stand Your Ground if he shot the cop?
    LOL. Should be, but ..

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast