Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

My father lost his leg to diabetes, but walks perfectly well on his prosthetic. However, walking longer distances can become painful. My mother is on kidney dialysis. She can walk perfectly fine, but gets winded very easily. The both of them use a handicapped parking license. Ne'er do wells who confront people who 'look' able bodied are playing a stupid gamble. Not everyone who looks healthy is healthy or fine.

It looks like the guy who got pushed to the ground sat there for a few seconds and looked at the asshole who pushed him. I don't know if the shooter at the time felt like the push injured him enough so that he couldn't get up and retreat, or adequately fight back if the fight continued. People die from falling down on the ground. People can become crippled from a simple fall on the pavement. I don't think we can know at this point the inner thoughts of the guy who was assaulted and battered by the guy who pushed him.

Regardless, I don't go round looking for confrontations. If one comes to me, I will exit the premises unless the situation prevents me from doing so.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I love how the Jeeps look so angry about it.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    I hate people who spout their random personal opinions as though they are engraved in stone. That video is useless.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    My father lost his leg to diabetes, but walks perfectly well on his prosthetic. However, walking longer distances can become painful. My mother is on kidney dialysis. She can walk perfectly fine, but gets winded very easily. The both of them use a handicapped parking license. Ne'er do wells who confront people who 'look' able bodied are playing a stupid gamble. Not everyone who looks healthy is healthy or fine.
    My neighbor has a handicap plate because of MS, she looks perfectly normal too.

On liberal minded GMA this morning, Robin Roberts said "he clearly looked like he was turning around to walk to the other side of the car." Conjecture on her part.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Regardless, I don't go round looking for confrontations. If one comes to me, I will exit the premises unless the situation prevents me from doing so.
    That's the bottom line,mind your own damned business but if you can't for whatever reason just make a comment and leave the person be.An armed individual has no business engaging and getting into an argument with another person.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I love how the Jeeps look so angry about it.
    More parking lot cops,now what if the owner of the vehicle turned out to be one of the "hero's" relatives or if they damaged the vehicle while pulling their nonsense.While they are at it, the white jeep is now parked just as bad as the hatchback so now what? A simple note left on the windshield would have sufficed.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Watching the longer video one thing that I saw that I didn’t see in the shorter length video is that after the shove, the boyfriend continues advancing. From the moment of physical contact he takes, from what I can see, three additional steps towards the guy on the ground. After the third step he stops and hitches up his pants. It’s at that point the man begins reaching behind his back for his gun. The boyfriend doesn’t begin to back away until he sees the man reaching for a gun. Another thing that I noticed is that the shooter doesn’t appear to have the foggiest clue that he’s being approached from his left before being shoved to the ground. From the moment of physical contact until the draw, I only count three seconds. That’s three seconds where the man was blindsided, stumbled a fair distance, hits the ground, has to re-orient himself to look up at who shoved him, and then seeing a man still coming towards him. At the end of that three seconds is when he draws. I’m trying to imagine where my mind would be during that three second period of time and I would think extremely confused. Not a lot of time to register what’s happened, assess the situation, and try to make a decision on reaction. Now, once the guy starts backing away the situation changes. The man is no longer advancing on him, and he’s had two additional seconds to assess what’s going on. Two things we know to be fact: number one, if the guy had not decided he needed to confront somebody over a parking space this would’ve been avoided. Number two, if the boyfriend would’ve kept his hands to himself this probably would’ve been avoided.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Wyoming County)

After watching the video and reading many great comments I've come to my personal conclusion that this is a "Misdemeanor Homicide" <- Police Jargon

I don't think the shooter does the gun community and "Stand your ground" laws any favor.

As far as going around correcting piss poor behavior of shitheads in society....."No thank you"! I can't cite the source/origin but I put a lot of stock in the comment- "don't do something while armed that you wouldn't do unarmed"

I've no interest in financial ruin that awaits via criminal and/or civil courts. Even if you prevail the costs could be crippling.

As a cop doing the right thing you have the backing of the FOP, Department, and Gov agency, not so much as a citizen.

Look at that poor woman (Kystie Jaehnen) from Indiana that fatally shot the man attacking a police officer.
    https://www.gofundme.com/kystie039s-...campaign=upd_n
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; July 23rd, 2018 at 02:22 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

I’ve read/watched a lot of articles about this. Kind of bugs me how may have said some variation “George Zimmerman used the Stand your Ground defense to get off after shooting Treyvon Martin”. Zimmerman never invoked that defense.

(Berks County)

Oddly enough I have not heard of a campaign to end stand your ground laws yet.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast