Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Florida parking lot shooting: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Editing in video of shooting Berncly posted later in the thread. https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sqPbL_1532105651

What do you think? sounds like the concealed carry holder started complaining to a woman who had parked in a handicapped space. Her boyfriend came out and pushed him to the ground. The concealed carry holder shot him. It also sounds like the concealed carry holder has a history of starting with people in the parking lot as witnessed by the store owner in the past. Another person came forward saying the concealed carry holder had fired at him a month earlier after calling him a bunch of racial slurs

Is this a valid self defense....... or a guy who uses a owning a gun as a reason to start trouble with others? Should this guys history be taken into account when sorting out the case?

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...venience-store

Video shows deadly shooting over parking spot at Clearwater convenience store
    WFTS Webteam, Michael Paluska, Adam Winer
    CLEARWATER, Fla. — Deputies are investigating a deadly shooting at a convenience store in unincorporated Clearwater.

Sgt. Spencer Gross of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office tells ABC Action News the shooting stemmed from an argument over a parking spot.

Deputies said Michael Drejka, of Clearwater, confronted a woman who parked in a handicapped parking space outside the Circle A Food Store on Sunset Point Road.

Witnesses told deputies the two were arguing because Drejka was upset the woman parked there even though she wasn't handicapped. The woman's boyfriend, Markeis McGlockton, of Clearwater, was inside the store to buy his little boy a candy bar, according to the store owner.

McGlockton exited the store to defend his girlfriend and shoved Drejka to the ground.

Drejka responded by taking out a pistol and shooting McGlockton in the chest. McGlockton ran back into the store where his five-year-old son was standing at the front door, watching the entire incident happen right before his eyes. McGlockton fell to the ground inside of the store and he was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Investigators say multiple people witnessed the shooting and called 911.

Drejka is a legal concealed weapons permit holder and may not be charged because of Florida's Stand Your Ground law, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago. Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son.
    Last edited by internet troll; July 24th, 2018 at 05:31 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Tough call.
    The latest news says no charges, though I'm sure that could change when people start rioting.
    That was no little push, that was rushing up on someone and striking them to the ground.

The shooter is an asshole according to reports, goes around picking fights with people because he's an asshole.
    But being an asshole is not illegal, and all he was doing was standing there arguing with the driver in the handicapped spot.
    Stand your ground is not supposed to apply when the shooter is the aggressor, but in this case he's just an asshole.

It's a bad shoot, but it looks like he may get away with it.
    Unfortunate incident.
    Tough call.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Schuylkill County)

I hate when people park in the handicapped spots and are able to walk unassisted but I never actually say anything to them. I think they are abusing the privilege because they are "special" and are "entitled" to the convenience or maybe they feel they are smarter than the dolts that didn't think to game the system and get a handicapped plate.
    Getting shoved like that is an assault. There is no telling how much more abuse the attacker is getting ready to deal. Like I said, I avoid confrontation but I am thinking self defense but its a thin line to retaliation.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Tough call.
    The latest news says no charges, though I'm sure that could change when people start rioting.
    That was no little push, that was rushing up on someone and striking them to the ground.

The shooter is an asshole according to reports, goes around picking fights with people because he's an asshole.
    But being an asshole is not illegal, and all he was doing was standing there arguing with the driver in the handicapped spot.
    Stand your ground is not supposed to apply when the shooter is the aggressor, but in this case he's just an asshole.

It's a bad shoot, but it looks like he may get away with it.
    Unfortunate incident.
    Tough call.
    Asshole goes looking for trouble and finds it. John Q. Public now conflates CCer with asshole, and wants SYG repealed. Bad for us.

Law shouldn't excuse intentional confrontations.

Not excusing the boyfriend for his actions, but it seems like asshole believes his CCW is badge #007.

My 2˘

(Chester County)

If the shooter would have minded his own business that father would still be alive. What difference does it make when people use the handicap spot and aren't handicapped? It's none of your business. Handicap spots are rarely used to begin with. I always park next to them if I can because I know no one will be using them so my door won't get dinged from that spot. People like that douchebag just can't mind their own business and make life tough on the rest. Damn busybodies. I'd say it was a bad shoot because he didn't have the right to question the woman about the parking spot in the first place. I'd say he was out looking for trouble.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

It was a hard shove but there was no follow up with hands or feet.

Personally I think The ass hole on the ground pulled and and shot him because he knew he could based on the law and it sounds like he has been looking for this exact situation for quite sometime.

Here is why we will never see national reciprocity.

(Chester County)

Guilty. 1. He's not cop. 2. No death or bodily injury threat until he STARTED the conflict.

This case is a liberals wet dream and makes all firearm carriers look like shit bags. I carry constantly. I avoid any situation like this. Call the damn cops if you don't like something and they are breaking the law. I was just shoved in a McDonalds in Winchester a few weeks ago. I guess I should of shot the guy. Oh wait, no. I was an ADULT and kept my composure and told the person to knock his shit because I knew if I caused a scene and the cops in Winchester City found out I had a firearm, they would fish for a reason to make an example out of me. Cases like this piss me off so bad its stupid.
    Charlie - Ex-PA Resident

(Berks County)

It sounds like a legal shoot in Fladida, just like the Trayvon Martin shooting. Confronting the illegal parker doesn't warrant being assaulted but it's not a pickle I'd get myself into. I have a friend who confronts those people though, I think he's nuts. We just talk about what assholes they are.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Where's the rest of the video? I'd like to see from the time he was pushed to the firing of the shot. It looks to me that the attack had stopped after the push. Matter of fact, the "victum" was retreating. Does Fla have a charater clause for revoking a CCW?
    Toujours pręt

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast