Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Getting knocked down,still being on the ground with assailant still standing over you ? Justified DPF , feeling your life will be taken from you ! Had the assailant stepped back considerably or even left the threat is over !

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Getting knocked down,still being on the ground with assailant still standing over you ? Justified DPF , feeling your life will be taken from you ! Had the assailant stepped back considerably or even left the threat is over !
    I replayed the video many times, and if you look carefully you can see the attacker flinch forward just before the shot.
    In my opinion he was moving in to attack again, probably vocalized it also.
    Not real happy with the entire scenario, but it does look like a legal shoot within the definition.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Looking at the video again, I notice that the driver waited for the baby-daddy to come out, at which point she should have been ready to drive away with him.

She didn't.

Instead, she GOT OUT OF THE CAR, because she knew that the entertainment was about to start, and she wanted a good seat.

What other reason did she have for this? Watch it, she had a clear view of the store's entrance, she reacted to her baby-daddy coming out. There was no legitimate purpose served by her getting out of the car at that moment, except to enjoy the beating.

Getting out of the car wasn't illegal, it just clarifies what sort of dysfunctional couple they were, and what kind of thug he was.

The dead guy undoubtedly had a pattern of beating up strangers, and she encouraged it. She got him killed. She will blame others, of course, and there will be a civil suit, along with however many other baby-mommas have lost whatever unlikely income stream died with him.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I replayed the video many times, and if you look carefully you can see the attacker flinch forward just before the shot.
    In my opinion he was moving in to attack again, probably vocalized it also.
    Not real happy with the entire scenario, but it does look like a legal shoot within the definition.
    IMO he was moving toward the downed man, until the gun made him back off.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    IMO he was moving toward the downed man, until the gun made him back off.
    That's what i saw, him backing off when he saw the wrong end of the barrel but I'm still OK with his offing, the shooter did the world a favor.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

The guy should have minded his own fucking business.He does not appear to own the property but he seems to be quite aware of the laws and what he can get away with.Now that he has gotten away with killing someone he may continue harrassing customers who pull in to this location as he is said to have done in the past.
    McGlockin,I think that's what his name was said to be in the article,not "baby daddy" should not have put his hands on the lunatic.He might be alive today if he hadn't or maybe the nut would have still shot him for cussing him out.
    Last edited by Krichardson; July 22nd, 2018 at 11:10 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

Also,the parking space appeared to be a bit of distance away from the store entrance rather than directly in front of the door as most handicapped spaces are..They were parked in the last space in the row with no other cars around and the parking lot cop had a problem with it.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That's what i saw, him backing off when he saw the wrong end of the barrel but I'm still OK with his offing, the shooter did the world a favor.
    Funny I would be okay if the shooter off's himself now, one less over aggressive pussy who can only back up his verbal diarrhea with a gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'll be gentle today. Don't expect that to always be the case.
    so you're not going to violently shove me to the floor over an exchange of words?

do you threaten everyone who doesn't agree with you on this forum or are you going out of your way in my case?

(Allegheny County)

So... do we all agree the following?

1. Woman is a douche for parking in a handicap
    2. Dudebro is a douche for starting shit about it
    3. Boyfriend is a douche for just walking up and pushing the guy to the ground without trying to de-escalate or really assess the situation
    4. Lots of stories by Dudbro and Boyfriend being asshats and super willing to escalate some shit multiple times by all accounts
    5. Dudebro felt threatened and because of "stand your ground" in Florida felt justified to shoot in self defense.

I think we disagree whether all this douchebagery leads to a just killing (legally acceptable) or a righteous killing (really needed to happen). I think that the policy and DA have decided that it was legal and just-- but honestly, none of this shit had to get to that point and it leads me to my last point---

6. Shit like this hurts the reputations of lawful and responsible gun carriers.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast