Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

I've told more than one mother at the grocery store that her kids need a little discipline, it seems that they don't like hearing that but I don't care. Shopping at 0700 on Saturday has the advantage of not having to deal with them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well that's were we are going to have to differ enough people who aren't related to the shooter in any way or each other have come forth and said this guy was a prick but I guess we are going to have to wait and see if any more information is released on this issue. As it stands now it's cased closed and all we can do is go buy what we read and hear people like the Sheriff say on live TV.
    They may not be related to the parties in this case so far as you can see, but I've seen enough instances of false witnesses to know that they may be linked in ways that aren't apparent to you.

After a traffic accident, it's not unheard of for a "witness" to come forward and blame the innocent party. They have a different name than the other driver, a different address, but if you drill down you may find that they've been friend since 5th grade, or they work together, or they're linked in some other way.

In our current post-Obama society, race matters to some more than you'd believe possible. There is absolutely a feeling among some that "people of our color have to stick together", and they're willing to lie or riot or excuse any other behavior.

That's why I'll wait until I see the police reports from these "many prior incidents". Because it's unlikely that the cops would post-date and falsify documents for something like this, but it's EASY to tell a lie.

As for him "being a prick", well, everybody's a prick to someone. Hundreds of millions of foreigners hate you for being an American. Half the country thinks that all Trump supporters are pricks. Lazy-assed nanny state parasites hate you for having a job and expecting them to look for one. People mostly hate traffic cops, the IRS, and ATF. And the Left thinks that ICE only hires pricks. And don't get me started on what people think of lawyers.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I've told more than one mother at the grocery store that her kids need a little discipline, it seems that they don't like hearing that but I don't care. Shopping at 0700 on Saturday has the advantage of not having to deal with them.
    There's a reason why God put children's faces at knee level.

(Chester County)

Guy was backing up after push down! Shooter should have waited to see what happened next. If the guy went towards him again then shoot but that didn't happen so I feel he'll be found to be guilty of manslaughter at the least. Think his history will influence his future.

(Montgomery County)

If you watch the video carefully you can see him back up and then flinch forward just before the shot.
    A forward flinch combined with verbal intention to attack again would reasonably prompt a defensive shot.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    If you watch the video carefully you can see him back up and then flinch forward just before the shot.
    A forward flinch combined with verbal intention to attack again would reasonably prompt a defensive shot.
    I'm not defending the assailant but how do you know it's a flinch forward before the shot and not a reaction to having been shot (which is what it looks like to me).
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Guy was backing up after push down! Shooter should have waited to see what happened next. If the guy went towards him again then shoot but that didn't happen so I feel he'll be found to be guilty of manslaughter at the least. Think his history will influence his future.

What I saw was a guy who was preparing to move in after he shoved the guy to the ground, then he backed off when he saw the gun, but he DIDN'T LEAVE.

He wouldn't have been shot if he fled to the passenger side of his vehicle, presumably where he was when he arrived. He wasn't shot in the back, he was shot in the chest, because he was still facing the shooter and still willing to hurt him some more.

We don't know what he said as his final words on Earth, but we can see that he didn't disengage after he saw the gun, he just altered his tactics.

Men who refuse to disengage when they face the muzzle of a gun can be very useful in war, or as cops, or while protecting their homes. Not such a great thing for bullies, though. There was nothing he had to gain there that was worth being shot. Except that he'd impress his baby-mama by taking the gun and finishing off the guy who dared to point out her parking indiscretions.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm not defending the assailant but how do you know it's a flinch forward before the shot and not a reaction to having been shot (which is what it looks like to me).
    The flinch I am looking at happens before the shot.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    ...it sounds like he has been looking for this exact situation for quite sometime.
    My point exactly.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    To solve problems such as these you've got to mind your own business. Handicap parking spaces are abused wherever you go. People are able to get those hang tag for their rear view mirror if they have a hang nail and I really don't care if you do get one or a license plate if you don't deserve one. It's none of my business. To get in anyone's face about it is pointless.
    I don't doubt that the cultural mix, educational level, and economic temperature of the neighborhood may have had something to do with what transpired.

Know somebody who got the "hang tag" from his cousin doctor. He's apparently had no problem parking in handicapped spots whenever he's driving his vanity-plated Ferrari or Rolls and walking briskly into the store...

His Rolls may have only been "keyed" once by someone who put 2 and 2 together - and insurance probably paid for the new paint job.

Don't approve of his choice of parking spaces at all, but he does have the hang tag and shops in a better neighborhood...
    - bamboomaster

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast