Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Florida parking lot shooting: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like t

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    If the stories of his past incidents are true, he was hoping to shoot someone. I've been waffling on this one for a bit because I believe strongly in stand-your-ground laws but this guy was/is a menace. He doesn't have the temperament to be armed. I think he was just as likely to blow someone away in a road rage incident as someone that was a true threat. No doubt the guy that assaulted him was a bad dude. With that said, once the gun was out, without further aggression by McGlockton I don't think he had cause to shoot.

He doesn't do any of us any favors, he's exactly the type of lunatic the antis say we all are. To my mind, his reasoning skills are unsound which makes me question the reasonableness of him being in fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury.
    This post, ftw. I whole heartedly agree.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Florida parking lot shooting: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like t

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    If the stories of his past incidents are true, he was hoping to shoot someone. I've been waffling on this one for a bit because I believe strongly in stand-your-ground laws but this guy was/is a menace. He doesn't have the temperament to be armed. I think he was just as likely to blow someone away in a road rage incident as someone that was a true threat. No doubt the guy that assaulted him was a bad dude. With that said, once the gun was out, without further aggression by McGlockton I don't think he had cause to shoot.

He doesn't do any of us any favors, he's exactly the type of lunatic the antis say we all are. To my mind, his reasoning skills are unsound which makes me question the reasonableness of him being in fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury.
    Well articulated. I agree.

(Chester County)

maybe getting blindsided & finding yourself on the ground with an aggressor standing over you might affect your reasoning skills to determine the likelihood of imminent death or serious bodily injury.

I guess the shooter could have taken uncle joe's advice & fired some shots in the air to scare away his assailant, or maybe blow a whistle to let the attacker know the encounter was over.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    maybe getting blindsided & finding yourself on the ground with an aggressor standing over you might affect your reasoning skills to determine the likelihood of imminent death or serious bodily injury.

I guess the shooter could have taken uncle joe's advice & fired some shots in the air to scare away his assailant, or maybe blow a whistle to let the attacker know the encounter was over.
    If none of those work, he could have peed or vomited upon himself.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post

Watching the video I don't see what you see. I see a man pushed violently to the ground. I see him "clear leather" and the aggressor back away and partially turn away from the armed man. At that point, your right to shoot him ends, you're no longer reasonably in fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury. The firearms has served its purpose without a shot being fired. You don't get to shoot someone because you're angry or because they hurt you. You shoot someone to end ongoing violence or legitimate threat thereof. There was no ongoing violence or threat thereof, the aggressor was moving away.

I'm reaching my fill of those that have guns but clearly not the mental wherewithal to utilize them in a responsible manner. One person on Facebook said he'd kill someone that pointed a gun at his kid even if that person had caught his kid skinning another person. Others seem to think anger is a sufficient reason to put a bullet in someone. You may take a life to preserve your own life or the life of another, that's it. Be the good guy with a gun, not the menace with a gun.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Drejka is now charged with Manslaughter. I haven't seen the grade, but I'd reckon it would be Voluntary Manslaughter. FL has sentencing enhancements for the use of a firearm if found guilty. It's called 10-20-Life. I don't recall the # of the statute.

Found it: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0775.087.html

TB605
    Last edited by TangoBravo605; August 14th, 2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: to provide Fl Statute cite

I stopped trusting the media on issues where there's a Left/Right difference, like "people using guns" or "Trump" or "man-caused global climate change".

We'll see what the jury says, after both sides get to present the facts without a snowflake filter.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I stopped trusting the media on issues where there's a Left/Right difference, like "people using guns" or "Trump" or "man-caused global climate change".

We'll see what the jury says, after both sides get to present the facts without a snowflake filter.
    I agree. And like I said, I don't see getting 12 jurors to convict (or acquit, for that matter) once they hear the whole story... assuming a decent defense is presented. Getting a good defense lawyer will cost money, however. So, pleading to lesser charges to avoid trial might happen, too. Taking guns away from the busybody troublemaker is probably a good thing if that happens.

(Philadelphia County)

It will be interesting to see if this guy's carry permit survives this....and that's even if he does.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast