Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    So... do we all agree the following?

1. Woman is a douche for parking in a handicap
    2. Dudebro is a douche for starting shit about it
    3. Boyfriend is a douche for just walking up and pushing the guy to the ground without trying to de-escalate or really assess the situation
    4. Lots of stories by Dudbro and Boyfriend being asshats and super willing to escalate some shit multiple times by all accounts
    5. Dudebro felt threatened and because of "stand your ground" in Florida felt justified to shoot in self defense.

I think we disagree whether all this douchebagery leads to a just killing (legally acceptable) or a righteous killing (really needed to happen). I think that the policy and DA have decided that it was legal and just-- but honestly, none of this shit had to get to that point and it leads me to my last point---

6. Shit like this hurts the reputations of lawful and responsible gun carriers.
    Sounds like three douches and you are out!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

One of the reasons why American society is on the decline, is that adults are unwilling to publicly correct other adults who are violating basic customs and norms. We tend to be unwilling to comment when a parent fails to supervise her child, when people toss trash in the street, when idiots shout "motherfucker" in mixed company. Not all of us are with women in training to be whores, or are raising children to be feral, and maybe that language should be reserved for when you get back home and are admiring your baby-mama's new tattoo and how well the sores are healing.

Most people aren't cops. bad behavior is mostly witnessed by people who aren't cops. Laws that only apply if a police officer happens to see you, are barely laws at all.

At the same time (and perhaps related), large groups of extreme-Left thugs feel free to accost their perceived enemies in public, and scream at them and literally throw poop. I think this phenomenon is partly related to the Left being dominated by assholes who never matured, and partly related to the aforementioned unwillingness of those around them to tell them "you're wrong to scream at a woman who's trying to have dinner".

I wouldn't personally hang around a parking lot and admonish strangers for parking illegally, and most people I know wouldn't do it either. Which is probably why assholes are free to be assholes and block traffic, take up handicapped spaces, toss trash, scream filthy words at strangers, and hold up lines by talking on cell phones instead of taking care of business.

I think our society needs more judgment and less tolerance, when it comes to assholery. We need more people willing to tell their friends "it's not cool that you have 3 kids from 5 possible fathers and are sponging off the taxpayers". More people willing to say things like "could you close your car door while you're parked next to moving traffic?" People willing to record video of dangerous tailgaters in the next lane, and provide it to police.

Make assholes scared to be witnessed by anyone, not just by cops.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Fox new's more your thing?

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-...deputies-say#/

Sorry but the shooter appears to be a 1st class POS.
    that may be the case, but if the police were contacted like the store owner claims, & there is truth to the mystery tank driver being threatened... where is the police record?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    So... do we all agree the following?

1. Woman is a douche for parking in a handicap
    2. Dudebro is a douche for starting shit about it
    3. Boyfriend is a douche for just walking up and pushing the guy to the ground without trying to de-escalate or really assess the situation
    4. Lots of stories by Dudbro and Boyfriend being asshats and super willing to escalate some shit multiple times by all accounts
    5. Dudebro felt threatened and because of "stand your ground" in Florida felt justified to shoot in self defense.

I think we disagree whether all this douchebagery leads to a just killing (legally acceptable) or a righteous killing (really needed to happen). I think that the policy and DA have decided that it was legal and just-- but honestly, none of this shit had to get to that point and it leads me to my last point---

6. Shit like this hurts the reputations of lawful and responsible gun carriers.
    Yep,the whole situation could have easily been avoided if the three of them had just exercised a little bit of consideration and self control.It's too bad that the kid had to witness his father being blown away.
    I suspect that the shooter is not out there enforcing parking laws while those protesters are present.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    One of the reasons why American society is on the decline, is that adults are unwilling to publicly correct other adults who are violating basic customs and norms. We tend to be unwilling to comment when a parent fails to supervise her child, when people toss trash in the street, when idiots shout "motherfucker" in mixed company. Not all of us are with women in training to be whores, or are raising children to be feral, and maybe that language should be reserved for when you get back home and are admiring your baby-mama's new tattoo and how well the sores are healing.

Most people aren't cops. bad behavior is mostly witnessed by people who aren't cops. Laws that only apply if a police officer happens to see you, are barely laws at all.

At the same time (and perhaps related), large groups of extreme-Left thugs feel free to accost their perceived enemies in public, and scream at them and literally throw poop. I think this phenomenon is partly related to the Left being dominated by assholes who never matured, and partly related to the aforementioned unwillingness of those around them to tell them "you're wrong to scream at a woman who's trying to have dinner".

I wouldn't personally hang around a parking lot and admonish strangers for parking illegally, and most people I know wouldn't do it either. Which is probably why assholes are free to be assholes and block traffic, take up handicapped spaces, toss trash, scream filthy words at strangers, and hold up lines by talking on cell phones instead of taking care of business.

I think our society needs more judgment and less tolerance, when it comes to assholery. We need more people willing to tell their friends "it's not cool that you have 3 kids from 5 possible fathers and are sponging off the taxpayers". More people willing to say things like "could you close your car door while you're parked next to moving traffic?" People willing to record video of dangerous tailgaters in the next lane, and provide it to police.

Make assholes scared to be witnessed by anyone, not just by cops.

Well if someone is going to make it their lives work to police the "dredge" of society who park in handicap spots then they probably should expect some arguments or even push back once in awhile so maybe they should ask themselves the question of "am I a pussy"? Meaning if something goes south can I handle it without having to take a life.

Or maybe they should ask themselves is taking a life even if it's some horrible human being who parks in a handicap spots worth doing over this particular situation?

Sorry Phil but manners are taught at home and if they don't come then so be it, not by shit heads in parking lots looking for a gun fight on a weekly basis.
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 22nd, 2018 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    that may be the case, but if the police were contacted like the store owner claims, & there is truth to the mystery tank driver being threatened... where is the police record?
    Who said there wasn't one or even several?

The Sheriff clearly said that he cannot take into account what happened last week, 3 months ago or last year and wont go there since it add's nothing to his decision on THIS specific instance.

If this continues to gain traction then I would fully expect to see anything prior this man might have against him released. If the people learned anything from the Travon Martin case they need to go after the gaps in the law and not this individual case.

(Bucks County)

Only in a perfect world where you can mention to someone they are wrong and they would respond by saying "i didnt realize, I am sorry." This doesnt happen as most would respond by arguing or getting confrontational. People dont like being told they are in the wrong even when they are wrong. I know this first hand. The old "it takes a village to raise a child" was pushed out with the "not my child" mentality. Consideration for others is a lost art, as well as appreciation.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Philadelphia County)

Some people either think that they are perfect or they think they live in a perfect world
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well if someone is going to make it their lives work to police the "dredge" of society who park in handicap spots then they probably should expect some arguments or even push back once in awhile so maybe they should ask themselves the question of "am I a pussy"? Meaning if something goes south can I handle it without having to take a life.

Or maybe they should ask themselves is taking a life even if it's some horrible human being who parks in a handicap spots worth doing over this particular situation?

Sorry Phil but manners are taught at home and if they don't come then so be it, not by shit heads in parking lots looking for a gun fight on a weekly basis.
    It may be that this shooter was a shithead looking for a fight, which means that there were about 3 of them there that day.

What's certainly true is that all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for men of good will to do nothing (I believe that's Edmund Burke).

Is parking illegally in a handicapped space a bad thing? Probably. Is it "evil" to do whatever you want because you don't think you'll be punished? Probably.

Would we have less douchebaggery if more people were called out for it? Probably.

Would I condemn the shooter here if he had a history of drawing and pointing his gun at the heads of illegal parkers? Absolutely.

It's legal to say things to people who are doing things they shouldn't do, as long as you don't make threats of imminent physical harm.

It's not legal to physically attack people for pointing out that you're doing something wrong.

It's legal to use physical force to stop a physical attack, up to and including deadly force if the threat meets the threshold of harm.

The dead guys escalated his attitude of "I don't care about anyone but me" until it killed him.

As for the odds that the shooter was just waiting to kill someone and he had threatened many people in that same parking lot before, I'm a doubter on that. I suspect that his carry permit would have been revoked based up any evidence of that. The friends and relatives of dead thugs will ALWAYS come up with utterly false claims, whether it's "he was unarmed and had his hands up and was saying 'don't shoot'" or "he was always friendly to everyone. And there's certainly no shortage of black racists who will pile on just to get Whitey, like Al Sharpton and a host of others. So show me the police reports from months ago, or stop citing that as a factor.

Some people choose to do things that could end badly just to uphold some principle, no matter what their friends urge them to do. That's how we get armed marches through sleepy suburban towns, for example.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It may be that this shooter was a shithead looking for a fight, which means that there were about 3 of them there that day.

What's certainly true is that all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for men of good will to do nothing (I believe that's Edmund Burke).

Is parking illegally in a handicapped space a bad thing? Probably. Is it "evil" to do whatever you want because you don't think you'll be punished? Probably.

Would we have less douchebaggery if more people were called out for it? Probably.

Would I condemn the shooter here if he had a history of drawing and pointing his gun at the heads of illegal parkers? Absolutely.

It's legal to say things to people who are doing things they shouldn't do, as long as you don't make threats of imminent physical harm.

It's not legal to physically attack people for pointing out that you're doing something wrong.

It's legal to use physical force to stop a physical attack, up to and including deadly force if the threat meets the threshold of harm.

The dead guys escalated his attitude of "I don't care about anyone but me" until it killed him.

As for the odds that the shooter was just waiting to kill someone and he had threatened many people in that same parking lot before, I'm a doubter on that. I suspect that his carry permit would have been revoked based up any evidence of that. The friends and relatives of dead thugs will ALWAYS come up with utterly false claims, whether it's "he was unarmed and had his hands up and was saying 'don't shoot'" or "he was always friendly to everyone. And there's certainly no shortage of black racists who will pile on just to get Whitey, like Al Sharpton and a host of others. So show me the police reports from months ago, or stop citing that as a factor.

Some people choose to do things that could end badly just to uphold some principle, no matter what their friends urge them to do. That's how we get armed marches through sleepy suburban towns, for example.

Well that's were we are going to have to differ enough people who aren't related to the shooter in any way or each other have come forth and said this guy was a prick but I guess we are going to have to wait and see if any more information is released on this issue. As it stands now it's cased closed and all we can do is go buy what we read and hear people like the Sheriff say on live TV.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast