Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's not at all difficult to be falsely accused of making racial remarks, just like it's easy to be called a "racist" by a snowflake on the Internet. It's a reflex action in some communities, not all of them minorities. I would give more weight to the claim that the shooter previously used racist slurs and fired a shot at that parking lot if there was a previous police report and a bullet hole consistent with that story.

I'm not sure how the dead man was "defending" his baby-mama by physically shoving a man who was only talking. "Sticks and stones" and all that; you defend someone who's being attacked with words by using your own words, not by using force.

I have zero sympathy for people who park in handicapped spaces without being handicapped. I'm not even thrilled about people with handicapped tags parking in handicapped spaces so they can walk a couple of miles through a mall, or pick up a load of 4X8 drywall panels. She was in the wrong, so she forfeits her right to be safe from mean words about what she's doing.

You know what you do when you get to the store and there's no legal parking spaces left for you? You don't park, that's what. They weren't showing up at the Emergency Room of the hospital with arterial bleeding, he was there to buy a candy bar (or sell drugs to the store owner, who knows?)

This was a case of lawless, violent thugs encountering a meddler with a gun, and they all chose poorly. But I don't want to live in a world where it's safe to "shove" people, or whatever it was that the dead man chose to do as his last act on Earth.

I'd be interested in knowing the prior criminal history of the dead man. Sounds like his go-to response is violence. Me, if I was the sort to park illegally, I'd just drive away if someone hassled me, with a mumbled apology and a note-to-self to try not to be a parking asshole in the future. But I tend to obey the laws.

You may not use deadly force against an aggressor if you provoked the attack. Saying correctly that "you're parking illegally" is not provocation. Even using the N-word is not provocation, because it's for damned sure that I wouldn't be justified in shooting someone who called me names, which is fortunate indeed for the many folks who've called me names. Look it up yourself, find the last time some white guy was held to be justified in shooting anyone "because he called me a cracker". I bet it was over 50 years ago, and in a Democrat-run state.

The lesson here: Don't be a scofflaw. Don't feel entitled to do whatever you want to whomever you please, because eventually you may run up against someone who's not willing to cut you any slack.
    Well said.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Yes. Yes, they should.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If the shooter would have minded his own business that father would still be alive. What difference does it make when people use the handicap spot and aren't handicapped? It's none of your business. Handicap spots are rarely used to begin with. I always park next to them if I can because I know no one will be using them so my door won't get dinged from that spot. People like that douchebag just can't mind their own business and make life tough on the rest. Damn busybodies. I'd say it was a bad shoot because he didn't have the right to question the woman about the parking spot in the first place. I'd say he was out looking for trouble.
    I'm not sure you know what rights are. That "father" would still be alive if he kept his hands to himself instead of attacking someone when he knew his companion was wrong to park where she did.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    I'm not sure you know what rights are. That "father" would still be alive if he kept his hands to himself instead of attacking someone when he knew his companion was wrong to park where she did.
    Best to ease into things, no need to to be aggressive right off the bat.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

I think that the guy that was shot (the father) saw someone getting potentially physical with his girlfriend. Not that this was reason to push him to the ground-- but from the ground, that father seems to be stepping back. I am not saying it isn't a good self-defense, but he didn't seem to be coming after him again. Pulling the pistol probably would have been sufficient (and I know some people say if you pull you should be ready to pull the trigger too).

Dunno.. this ass hat may get away with it, but it should have never come to this.

(Bucks County)

It sounds like a case of social physics to me.
    Immovable asshole meets irresistible douchebag.

These things happen in a large gun carrying data base from time to time.
    The shooter is likely to have his ass beaten right well in a civil court.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Erie County)

Idiot with the gun would probably have acted the same way without a gun.

The idiot driver is just an idiot driver, like all other idiot drivers.

Nothing to see here, since freedoms allow idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Berks County)

They showed the clip on the news and I'm currently in favor of the shooter. Fuck with a guy who's armed, get shot, that's how mother nature does it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Again, you can't swing the hammer of justice on a 1:30 video clip and hearsay. But...

Shooter was a busybody asshole. Unfortunately, that's not illegal.

Doesn't appear that he threatened her but he must have been loud, because everyone turned their head to look at him.

Unless he was yelling that he was going to kill her, that was one hell of a shove to an old man for arguing with your baby momma. He even hiked his pants up before he pushed him. He was trying to hurt him.

Bad shoot, probably legal.

Dead Guy's name is McGlockton.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast