Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Interesting Hunting Stories

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It is interesting because it's a cautionary tale for hunters transporting loaded rifles in their cars. He was an experienced hunter of 40+ years, I'm sure he transported his rifle like that many times over the years, except the last time it cost him his life, and his wife is now a widow in her golden years.

Your "rules" made no mention that it has to be funny, merely interesting. No, I didn't witness him blowing the top of his head off, but another neighbor found him laying in the driveway dead, I merely witnessed the aftermath as our area was swarmed with police.
    I was just giving you a hard time. I really dont think your story is a hunting story but you are free to post it obviously. The other guy up above is trying to recruit people to "live on the edge" and post other stories, so i guess I can't hold it against you either.

I was hoping for a thread full of cool stories to read and interesting or funny. I didn't want to be reading along having a good time and then all of a sudden have to stop and be sad. Very sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Mind explaining exactly how he shot himself by picking up the barrel of the gun? That doesn't add up to me.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMan View Post
    I was just giving you a hard time. I really dont think your story is a hunting story but you are free to post it obviously. The other guy up above is trying to recruit people to "live on the edge" and post other stories, so i guess I can't hold it against you either.

I was hoping for a thread full of cool stories to read and interesting or funny. I didn't want to be reading along having a good time and then all of a sudden have to stop and be sad. Very sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Mind explaining exactly how he shot himself by picking up the barrel of the gun? That doesn't add up to me.
    It was loaded, uncased in his truck. He grabbed it by the barrel to pull it out, the trigger caught something and it fired through his head. He died instantly.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Another story not as good as the other one:
    I was in Paraguay and had a hunting license. In Paraguay you can get a hunting license to shoot anything in the jungle. You get it by region and week and within your week, in your region, you can shoot anything. No limits no restrictions. Straight up anything, as many as you want.

I was hoping for a jaguar, but didn't see any all week.

Instead I got a huge lizard, a deer, a parrot and a bunch of little monkeys. One of them was light brown but the rest were darker.

(Berks County)

^^^What were you hunting with?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    ^^^What were you hunting with?
    12 gauge and 30.06

(Erie County)

It was loaded, uncased in his truck. He grabbed it by the barrel to pull it out, the trigger caught something and it fired through his head. He died instantly.
    Well, at least he didn't have to take any crap from his "friends" about his moment of stupidity, and having a loaded rifle in his truck, which is illegal, and having the safety off. And maybe garnered an honorary Darwin Award.

(Lancaster County)

Another story not as good as the other one:
    I was in Paraguay and had a hunting license. In Paraguay you can get a hunting license to shoot anything in the jungle. You get it by region and week and within your week, in your region, you can shoot anything. No limits no restrictions. Straight up anything, as many as you want.

I was hoping for a jaguar, but didn't see any all week.

Instead I got a huge lizard, a deer, a parrot and a bunch of little monkeys. One of them was light brown but the rest were darker.
    What exactly was the point of shooting those animals?

What exactly was the point of shooting those animals?
    Look, it is pretty clear you are against hunting. Hunters don't ask each other "What is the point." Your only post in this thread is a horrible story of a guy who killed himself while getting ready for a hunt. Not an actual hunting story, not really what I asked for at the beginning.

That's fine, I am sad to hear about your friend and I guess you don't want to hear my story but you want to tell yours. That's fine.

The point of shooting them was I always wanted to do a jungle hunt and get some interesting trophies, and I did, but no jaguar, yet.

(Lancaster County)

Look, it is pretty clear you are against hunting. Hunters don't ask each other "What is the point." Your only post in this thread is a horrible story of a guy who killed himself while getting ready for a hunt. Not an actual hunting story, not really what I asked for at the beginning.

That's fine, I am sad to hear about your friend and I guess you don't want to hear my story but you want to tell yours. That's fine.

The point of shooting them was I always wanted to do a jungle hunt and get some interesting trophies, and I did, but no jaguar, yet.
    Wow, you're so smrt, but sadly, you couldn't be further from the truth. I support hunting, I just don't see the point in shooting something purely because you want a trophy. Seems rather pointless to shoot monkeys and parrots just because you want to kill something. That isn't the kind of hunting that I do support. It just wanton waste. Personally, I don't know of any hunters that do it because they like killing things, but it seems as though you do. Sad really, would have thought that mankind as a whole has moved past that stage.

(Lancaster County)

Doing some research, I can't find anything related to the type of hunting that you claim to have done in Paraguay. In addition, the Jaguar is considered an endangered species, and you couldn't legally bring one back into the US.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast