Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Interesting Hunting Stories

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ya know what I do know? That you're a retread. Good bye.
    Ahhhh saved me the effort of adding that tool to my iggy list
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ya know what I do know? That you're a retread. Good bye.
    Streaker now has another trophy for his wall. They ain't pretty after getting hit with the ban hammer but it's all about the memories.

ban_hammer_by_dirtbiker715.jpg
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Coffeeman is/was my brother-in-law, staying at my place. He is a drunk lawyer, who will pick fights just to win them to make people look stupid. He is a bum. He has never been to Paraguay, never shot a monkey, and I assume he never saw naked people chasing a deer either. So good job poofa, for figuring him out pretty much immediately.

I do think this thread could be an interesting one, if people have cool hunting stories.

My apologies on his behalf, and thanks for not banning me Streaker!
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post
    Coffeeman is/was my brother-in-law, staying at my place. He is a drunk lawyer, who will pick fights just to win them to make people look stupid. He is a bum. He has never been to Paraguay, never shot a monkey, and I assume he never saw naked people chasing a deer either. So good job poofa, for figuring him out pretty much immediately.

I do think this thread could be an interesting one, if people have cool hunting stories.

Thanks for the info. I agree, there are a lot of funny hunting stories but as soon as I started reading the thread, I had an instant dislike for him due to what was clearly BS.

With that said...

It was the Wednesday of the 2nd week of rifle deer season. I had mostly given up until the final weekend, hoping for some deer being pushed. I was enjoying killing draugr, Daedra and cave bears in my living room. I walked out to take a leak (temp was in 50s or 60s) when I heard a bunch of shouting from across the road and then what sounded like a skirmish line on the command to fire. I went back through the house to the deck to see if I could tell what the hell was going on. As I came out on the deck, I had deer swimming in my pond, running around it, running up the driveway, running down the driveway.

I ran upstairs to my room and threw open the skylight overlooking my field. I figured I might be able to help if I saw one go down. My rifle was at hand because I have the luck of being able to use my house as my hunting blind. A few doe were still running this way and that but things had calmed down. Then, what comes slinking up my past my pond toward my field and woods...a monster buck. I put the crosshairs on his shoulder and fired. He stumbled, got up, went up the hill another 10 yards and went down. I took off my slip-on shoes and put some boots on. Walked up the hill to where he went down about 100 yards from the house. Likely the best deer I'll ever take.

Found out, talking to my neighbor that he was putting on a drive. I'm glad he didn't invite me because I probably wouldn't have been in the right spot at the right time.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

I was just about to friend request him too.

That deer looks sick UJ. I hope he made a swift recovery.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post

That deer looks sick UJ. I hope he made a swift recovery.
    Looks like a case of lead fever,
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post

Was it his posting here that sent from 'is' a B-I-L to 'was'? I wouldn't blame you if it that did it. He was here making an ass out of your IP address and I wouldn't hang out with the guy.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Susquehanna County)

My wife hunts more than I do and long than I have and better than I am LOL

One day during late muzzie season she was at home and I was working.
    She calls and says "there was a group of deer right outside the back door"
    I ask "did you get one?"
    her "no" sounds sad
    I ask what the annoying beeping is in the background
    her "That is why I called, how do I reset the smoke detectors?" There are hard wired and if one goes off, they all go off
    me "Why are the smoke detectors going off?"
    her "Well, I grabbed the smoke pole (we keep one loaded by the sliding doors during hunting season) and as I was sliding the door open wide enough to slip out, the deer turned and started to scatter.. so I took the shot from in the dining room, shooting through the open door but the screen door was still shut. So how do I silence these bastards?"

I got home a few hours later and the main floor still smelled like ammonia and black powered.. nice powder burns on the while sliding door and a golf ball sized blow out in the screen door..
    worse yet.. no fresh venison..

I have other stories that I WILL NOT post on the interweb
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

I started deer hunting at 14 and by age 24, still hadn't gotten a deer (although I had a knack for posting my friends in good spots and then subsequently having to gut their deer). I had gotten into archery to try to boost my odds. I was in a tree stand and a herd of deer were about 100 yards away. 2 does eventually meandered their way past my stand. I took the shot but the deer crouched and the arrow went over its back and stuck into the tree behind it with a loud thwack! The deer didn't bolt. I eased out another arrow and with shaking hands sent arrow #2 somewhere into the next county. Still the deer mingled in front of me. Now I'm down to 2 arrows. While getting a third arrow knocked, the one doe proceeds to lie down. I said to myself "OK, Lord.... I get it. I will make this one count". The problem was that the deer was lying right on the crest of the hill so only its shoulder, neck and head were exposed. I decided to go for a neck shot. (Meanwhile doe #2, which is larger is still meandering around) I took the shot but didn't compensate enough for the downward angle and put the arrow right through the deers skull. It never moved, just rolled over and laid still. I worked my way out of my climbing stand and approached the deer and found that I had basically lobotomized it. It was awake and breathing but paralysed. Well....it didn't make much sense to put another arrow into it when it couldn't move so I decided to cut its throat. By now I realize this deer is a button buck and the larger doe is obviously mama and standing about 5 yards away watching me. I had never cut the throat of a live animal before but had a pretty good idea what was supposed to happen so I stuck it and started sawing sideways until a fountain of blood erupted. At this point mama decided it was a lost cause and bolted. I gutted the deer (getting bloody up to my shoulders in the process) and hauled it to my truck.

On the way home a truck in front of me hit a deer and kept going. I pulled over and here's another doe thrashing around. I sighed and got out my knife and prepared to cut another throat. By this time the truck that hit it had come back. I yelled "do you want this deer?". The guy looked at me wild eyed, said no and split in haste. After he left I realized, I am standing here on the side of the road basically covered in blood, waving a knife around. I wouldn't have stopped either. By this time, the deer has expired from its injuries.

Anyway.....it was a 2 deer day, effectively ending my deer drought. Plus, the button buck that was bled out live, tasted like veal.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    Anyway.....it was a 2 deer day, effectively ending my deer drought. Plus, the button buck that was bled out live, tasted like veal.
    Along those lines, my BIL was hunting and three doe walked in front of him, so he picked out the 'largest' and shot it. After he did so, he found that it stuck out above the others because it was standing on a high spot, and was actually pretty small. When it was time to cook it, the discussion was: After taking a taste of the meat, his wife says 'we need to order a pizza to feed the kids'. He asks if it is because the meat is that bad, and she answers: 'No, this is the most tender and best I have ever tasted and the kids won't care as they prefer pizza'
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast