Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: For those who want to replace PICS with NICS....

I'd never advocate handing anything run by a state over to a larger, less efficient, more inept and more corrupt Federal agency.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I'd never advocate handing anything run by a state over to a larger, less efficient, more inept and more corrupt Federal agency.
    Best to deal with the corruption that we know.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

With all the laws that are both state and federal if you add them all up one can only come to the conclusion that they are intended to infringe and question my right to own a firearm.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Armstrong County)

It is astounding to see how many on here are brainwashed into holding on to a unconstitutional PIC's and NICs system and letting the overlords tell us who can and cannot have a firearm.

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    It is astounding to see how many on here are brainwashed into holding on to a unconstitutional PIC's and NICs system and letting the overlords tell us who can and cannot have a firearm.

Ed
    Is this how you begin most of your conversations, by insulting your peers? Does it seem to work pretty well for you to start off like that?

In the real world, given that the Federal government imposed a mandatory background check and that there's honestly not enough public support to going back to the cash & carry system pre-1968; what would you advise Pennsylvanians to do, in a very concrete way?

What's your suggested plan, and what previously-successful plan is it modeled on?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Is this how you begin most of your conversations, by insulting your peers? Does it seem to work pretty well for you to start off like that?

In the real world, given that the Federal government imposed a mandatory background check and that there's honestly not enough public support to going back to the cash & carry system pre-1968; what would you advise Pennsylvanians to do, in a very concrete way?

What's your suggested plan, and what previously-successful plan is it modeled on?
    We have been doing open carry walks, How do you think we were able to get the police to recognize our "Right"
    Look back at our activities for the last 10yrs. They are all on here.. It has worked to retain our "Rights".

I would like to know why none of you lawyers have not argued the Constitution when coming up on some of these cases? "Shall NOT be Questioned" is not ambiguous.
    And everytime you are subjected to a PICs or NICs checks you are being questioned.. PICs Challenge have been litigated many, many times..
    And if if a Judge will not allow that argument then he needs to recuse himself.

As far as Federal requirements, It seems "Shall not be infringed" is pretty clear. Or is the 2nd Amendment special and different from the 1st, 4th, or 5th not pertaining to an individual "Right"
    Tell me Phil what have you litigated to return us back to a Constitutional Republic?

Ed
    Last edited by edstephan; July 18th, 2018 at 10:18 AM.
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    We have been doing open carry walks, How do you think we were able to get the police to recognize our "Right"
    Look back at our activities for the last 10yrs. They are all on here.. It has worked to retain our "Rights".

I would like to know why none of you lawyers have not argued the Constitution when coming up on some of these cases? "Shall NOT be Questioned" is not ambiguous.
    And everytime you are subjected to a PICs or NICs checks you are being questioned.. PICs Challenge have been litigated many, many times..
    And if if a Judge will not allow that argument then he needs to recuse himself.

As far as Federal requirements, It seems "Shall not be infringed" is pretty clear. Or is the 2nd Amendment special and different from the 1st, 4th, or 5th not pertaining to an individual "Right"
    Tell me Phil what have you litigated to return us back to a Constitutional Republic?

Ed
    Thousands of lawyers have thrown the 2nd Amendment (or Art 1/Sec 21) at courts, and uniformly lost, thousands of times.

The problem has been extremists who refuse to accept political realities. Every time someone on the right votes for an independent candidate ("sending a message" or "voting your conscience"), you help elect an anti-gun Democrat, and when he appoints judges, you get anti-gun judges. Thanks for that.

I've seen some of the legal arguments made by loud "advocates". They just lose.

Alan Gura worked very carefully and very slowly to achieve more victories than all the extremist, no-compromise activists have ever got for us. Did Ike defeat the Nazis by immediately attacking Berlin? Nope. He started at the coast, achieved a number of smaller victories, and when he was in the right position with his allies all lined up, he won the war.

Personally, my goal has been to give the clients what they paid for. They get their guns back, they get acquitted, they get their LTCF back, mostly. I don't sacrifice the client for some broader agenda or to get my name in the papers, I don't even have a blog. I also managed not to kill off gun rights for life for anyone ever admitted on a 302, so there's that. I haven't given any court a chance to suggest a way for municipalities to ban guns on their owned property, either.

I'm not a politician, but I won't bullshit you, either.

As for gun background checks, reality tells us that we as a society have chosen to allow uncounted numbers of lunatics and career criminals to roam freely, and that means that we trade that choice for some other infringements. Not the choice I'd make, but it's what we have. You probably have the right to leave loaded guns around your home, unless you have toddlers, in which case you traded that right away.

(Chester County)

Why bother even having a Constitution at all if all that happens is the politicians and courts trample on it? Why not just mob rule or dictatorship where the need for a Constitution is voided? That's what were heading for anyway when the Constitution at the State and Federal level is completely ignored to appease public opinion.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Why bother even having a Constitution at all if all that happens is the politicians and courts trample on it? Why not just mob rule or dictatorship where the need for a Constitution is voided? That's what were heading for anyway when the Constitution at the State and Federal level is completely ignored to appease public opinion.
    A piece of paper is only as powerful as the people let it be.

The game is rigged, too many judges are on the side of the govt against the people. Elections matter, they aren't games, they aren't an opportunity to grandstand on high arbitrary principles.

Your votes determine who will appoint the judges, and judges are all that stands between us and tyranny. Unless you're eager to start CW-II.

(Montgomery County)

I'm with Phil on this one.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast