Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: For those who want to replace PICS with NICS....

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post
    How about we replace them both with nothing?
    That will NEVER happen without a revolution that the gun owners win, and rewrite the laws.

The background check is here for good. The Supreme Court has favored it. Even if the "instant check" type system is "down graded", it will be to a manual background check that requires 3+ day waiting periods to accomplish.

So, "instant background check" or manual with waiting period. Which pill do you want to swallow?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That will NEVER happen without a revolution that the gun owners win, and rewrite the laws.

The background check is here for good. The Supreme Court has favored it. Even if the "instant check" type system is "down graded", it will be to a manual background check that requires 3+ day waiting periods to accomplish.

So, "instant background check" or manual with waiting period. Which pill do you want to swallow?

I am not swallowing any such pills. I will leave it at that.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Chester County)

We should be aiming to repeal the 1968 Gun Control Act and we begin by reducing the amount of jurisdiction the Federal Government has over firearm ownership. Dismantling gun control piece by piece is how it gets done.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    We should be aiming to repeal the 1968 Gun Control Act and we begin by reducing the amount of jurisdiction the Federal Government has over firearm ownership. Dismantling gun control piece by piece is how it gets done.
    You're welcome to try, and I would cheer you on. I hope we agree that surrendering the mandatory background check to the feds would not be a step in that direction.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Jefferson County)

It would be nice, but it isn't going to happen - ever. Fighting off anti-gun bills on the federal level comes too close to even think a repeal of GCA68 will ever happen.

Then, liberals are out-breeding conservatives. Then the influx of immigrants that in turn will vote liberal. If anything, we'll be lucky in the next 20-30 years to not have every anti-gun law forced down our throats like it is today in CA, HI, NY, NJ, etc.

You want to do something that will help secure the 2A and our rights - pay for a liberal's abortion.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You're welcome to try, and I would cheer you on. I hope we agree that surrendering the mandatory background check to the feds would not be a step in that direction.
    I agree that the current PICS is less objectionable than the federally controlled and administered NICS systems but there is no reason why we can't begin to dismantle this whole "ask the government's permission to own a firearm" debacle. Over the years I've had to ask the government permission to own certain handguns but I refuse to ask permission to buy a rifle or shotgun and I never have asked their permission to buy either one. I may or may not own either at this point.

I object to the State Police keeping a registration of handguns and their owners. It's a disaster waiting to happen when government is allowed to register firearms. The State Supreme Court with weasel words ruled that registration is not registration but handguns bought in PA are still being registered and the records are being kept with the PA State Police. It's like saying sex and gender don't mean the same thing when identifying male or female. You can say it's something it's not but that doesn't make it so.

When it was time to vote for PA Supreme Court Justices gun owners stayed home and watched the game on TV. I say to them "eff you lazy pricks". The courts today are way out of their constitutional authority believing it's them that make the laws and control direction of society.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Jefferson County)

I agree that the current PICS is less objectionable than the federally controlled and administered NICS systems but there is no reason why we can't begin to dismantle this whole "ask the government's permission to own a firearm" debacle. Over the years I've had to ask the government permission to own certain handguns but I refuse to ask permission to buy a rifle or shotgun and I never have asked their permission to buy either one. I may or may not own either at this point.

I object to the State Police keeping a registration of handguns and their owners. It's a disaster waiting to happen when government is allowed to register firearms. The State Supreme Court with weasel words ruled that registration is not registration but handguns bought in PA are still being registered and the records are being kept with the PA State Police. It's like saying sex and gender don't mean the same thing when identifying male or female. You can say it's something it's not but that doesn't make it so.

When it was time to vote for PA Supreme Court Justices gun owners stayed home and watched the game on TV. I say to them "eff you lazy pricks". The courts today are way out of their constitutional authority believing it's them that make the laws and control direction of society.

Fixing PA's "database" can be accomplished without putting our gun rights in the hands of the Fedz. There is a cycle of Rep and Dem presidents and congresses. During a Dem president and/or congress is when we are at risk.

Even right now we are still feeling the effects of a Dem president and a mixed congress with a 2 year backlog for NICS appeals. And even before that it was a 6-12 month backlog for appeals. PICS = you generally have it resolved within a month, and if you provide all the info needed as little as 2 weeks.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Perhaps, and a common analogy, but if NICS openly did what PA does there would be a large push back from numerous states (strength in numbers). As it stands now its Pa born problem, and we cannot or won't clean our own house. Wait until Pa goes full retard (and it's coming), and that database gets used against us. Who is going to stop it then?
    If war gets declared on me, Immana respond in the most effective way possible.

I will hold responsible the politicians and bureaucrats, not primarily the poor schlub sent to confiscate.

The 2A exists for just this reason.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345