Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: For those who want to replace PICS with NICS....

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    But won't getting rid of PICS in favor of NICS. Be analogous to cutting off our nose to spite our face ?
    Perhaps, and a common analogy, but if NICS openly did what PA does there would be a large push back from numerous states (strength in numbers). As it stands now its Pa born problem, and we cannot or won't clean our own house. Wait until Pa goes full retard (and it's coming), and that database gets used against us. Who is going to stop it then?

I don't like NICS one bit, but I am also tired of the excuses and lack of movement to end this bullshit.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Golf View Post
    I take your word on it- the only thing that I want is to do away with the PA handgun form.
    I agree. Also PA LTCF holders should be exempt from a PICS check and the fee associated with it.

(Montgomery County)

Being someone that lives in NJ, I will welcome what you guys deal with compared to the sh*tstorm we go through to purchase and all the limitations. I’d welcome filling out your handgun form if it means I can walk into a gun shop buy whatever I want, have the NICs done and walk out with multiple rifles and handguns in one shot. Now that doesn’t mean I agree with what you guys are dealing with. However it could be WAY worse.
    Eddie

(Chester County)

I'm no fan of having to ask the government permission to purchase a firearm. I believe it's an infringement of my rights to have to ask the very people I might have to defend myself from whether it's OK to own a firearm. This NICS shit should have been stopped at it's birth and Roe v Wade practiced on the very idea of having to ask the government for permission to own a firearm. I would be willing to invest my time and money into repealing any law that gives the government any kind of power over the regulation of firearms. Once the government became involved in the regulation of firearms a shitstorm of violence has occurred all over the nation.

In the PA law it specifically states that the government shall not be allowed to keep a registration of firearms but in direct violation of that language and intent of that law the state arrogantly keeps a registration list of handguns. When will the government obey the laws they are supposed to abide as we as citizens are expected to abide? What makes government an exception to the laws?

Over the years I have bought and sold rifles and shotguns according to my own tastes and financial arrangements without the involvement of the government and I'm satisfied with that.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by IUOE_Mike View Post
    I agree. Also PA LTCF holders should be exempt from a PICS check and the fee associated with it.
    Please don't hold my feet to the fire on this but I believe in order to qualify for that privilege our licensing(LTCF) would be more complicated and costly. As it is, I do not believe it meets the Federal standard to bypass a NICS check.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Armstrong County)

I seem to have missed the parts in the US & Pa Constitutions that has the exceptions as to who can "Keep & Bear Arms". I have only found one exception in either Constitution where a citizen is stripped of his "Right" to "Keep & Bear Arms" and that is while they are serving time fo a conviction of a "Felony".. And after the time is served they are supposed to have their "Rights" restored...

Show me where the exceptions are in the 2 Constitutions!!!

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'm no fan of having to ask the government permission to purchase a firearm. I believe it's an infringement of my rights to have to ask the very people I might have to defend myself from whether it's OK to own a firearm. This NICS shit should have been stopped at it's birth and Roe v Wade practiced on the very idea of having to ask the government for permission to own a firearm. I would be willing to invest my time and money into repealing any law that gives the government any kind of power over the regulation of firearms. Once the government became involved in the regulation of firearms a shitstorm of violence has occurred all over the nation.

In the PA law it specifically states that the government shall not be allowed to keep a registration of firearms but in direct violation of that language and intent of that law the state arrogantly keeps a registration list of handguns. When will the government obey the laws they are supposed to abide as we as citizens are expected to abide? What makes government an exception to the laws?

Over the years I have bought and sold rifles and shotguns according to my own tastes and financial arrangements without the involvement of the government and I'm satisfied with that.
    Never.
    Government never obeys it's own laws.
    --ET

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's a myth that PICS is "in addition to" NICS, that PICS just adds a 2nd check to the NICS check. That's false. PICS is instead of NICS, the PICS folks do the review of any info on prohibitors and they make the decisions. PICS accesses some of the same databases, but it's simply propaganda that we pay extra for a superfluous PICS check after the NICS check is done, it's a lie told to Pennsylvanians in order to generate support for striking out at the PSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Please don't hold my feet to the fire on this but I believe in order to qualify for that privilege our licensing(LTCF) would be more complicated and costly. As it is, I do not believe it meets the Federal standard to bypass a NICS check.
    The federal exemption requires that the LTCF/CCW was issued pursuant to passing NICS. Since our overlords use PICS *instead of* NICS, our LTCF isn't "good enough" to pass federal muster.
    27 CFR 478.102 - Sales or deliveries of firearms on and after November 30, 1998.

(d)Exceptions to NICS check. The provisions of paragraph (a) of this section shall not apply if -

(1) The transferee has presented to the licensee a valid permit or license that -

(i) Allows the transferee to possess, acquire, or carry a firearm;

(ii) Was issued not more than 5 years earlier by the State in which the transfer is to take place; and

(iii) The law of the State provides that such a permit or license is to be issued only after an authorized government official has verified that the information available to such official does not indicate that possession of a firearm by the transferee would be in violation of Federal, State, or local law: Provided, That on and after November 30, 1998, the information available to such official includes the NICS;

(2) The firearm is subject to the provisions of the National Firearms Act and has been approved for transfer under 27 CFR part 479; or

(3) On application of the licensee, in accordance with the provisions of § 478.150, the Director has certified that compliance with paragraph (a)(1) of this section is impracticable.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The federal exemption requires that the LTCF/CCW was issued pursuant to passing NICS. Since our overlords use PICS *instead of* NICS, our LTCF isn't "good enough" to pass federal muster.
    Thank you!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I would say that's a problem that should be resolved at the federal level. Personally, I'd rather not put more control of our already severely limited rights in the hands of the feds, especially after the recent obvious corruption of the FBI.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast