Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Ruger LC9s front sight loose

Ok, I finally got my pistol fixed today. I tried contacting Ruger for a warranty repair via their website and got the same response--pay for return shipping. Somehow, I found a section on Ruger's site to "Tell the CEO". On the comment section, I explained that I was upset that I had to pay to return a part that should have never been defective. I read forum posts from a few years ago, and people were having the same problem with the front sight. Ruger's solution was usually to send a replacement slide with a prepaid shipping label to return the old slide, or a prepaid shipping label for the owner to return the slide for repair. Since they have know about the problem for years, it should have been corrected by now. I also said a few other things (nothing nasty). My point was basically that I was upset that I had to pay for return shipping for a defect that they knew about for years--and apparently didn't correct. I was contacted by a better, more accomodating CS rep who offered to reimburse my shipping costs and who also offered to send a magazine for my troubles. I got one of the Italian made magazines which is supposed to be better than the U.S. magazines (although I could not visually see any difference). I'm glad to have my pistol back and glad that a customer service rep did the right thing...I just think I shouldn't have had this issue to begin with. I think the dovetail expands after the slide warms up from a few rounds--the sight was pretty tight when the slide was cold. It only moved after I shot a few rounds.
    Last edited by Cville; August 24th, 2018 at 12:37 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

My only other issue now is that I wanted to get a set of Hi Viz tritium sights at some point. Since the current front sight has to be pinned to prevent movement, I'm concerned that a new front sight would do the same thing. This is the set I like. You couldn't drill a hole through the sight though as I think it contains a tritium vial. https://www.amazon.com/TRUGLO-Tritiu...00JBH19QW?th=1

(Chester County)

I just bought my father-in-law Truglo TFX sights for his LC9s. If I run into any looseness issues, I'll probably just shim the sight. I prefer the TFX over the TFO. The TFO lets in a little more light, but the TFX are much sturdier. I've installed TFX on nearly all of my handguns.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12