Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Academy Sports manager fired, for stopping gun theif

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    That's a given, employers have the right to fire anytime for any reason. They are after all, the employer. I know, I know you want the government to take over private businesses to prevent employers from having anything to do with hiring and firing but that ship has sailed thanks to Trump. This employer though, Academy Sports, has apparently made a public relations faux pas by firing a person that stopped future crimes with his actions. They will pay for this mistake at the cash register as it should be the case. Next we'll be reading how Academy Sports no longer sells firearms because firearms are inconsistent to soccer Mom sports stores.
    I don’t know how you know this. I’m guessing you are making assumptions due to my forum moniker. I can tell you, I don’t believe in the federal government choosing winners and losers in private business. However, I do believe in strong unions. This is an example of where a business has power over an individual, but if the individuals band together in a union under a contract, this terminated employee would have had proper due process to appeal his employers ridiculously stupid decision. I’m assuming you hate unions and thus think this employee does not deserve the right to due process to challenge his wrongful termination.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    ... This is an example of where a business has power over an individual, but if the individuals band together in a union under a contract, this terminated employee would have had proper due process to appeal his employers ridiculously stupid decision. ... .
    Their terms of employment, agreed to by the employee ie Never touch, grope, wrestle, hump, tickle or restrain customers..

He was told to not touch a thief... he did.. he broke contract.. they called breech and let him go.
    My guess is either they are afraid of lawsuits from customers or fighting health insurance when an employee gets hurt trying to stop a thief.

Now do I agree with their decision to fire an employee who prevented a punk from running out with a pistol and ammo - NO.. I think they made an asinine decision.. they could have given him 10 minutes leave without pay or whacked his pee pee with a soft noodle.

Imagine the lawsuits if the guy got outside the store, loaded the pistol and returned for armed robbery shooting someone.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    the store is located in florida, so guess I wont be driving there just to visit their store...
    They are also online. Have had a few really good deals in the past, especially the ammo cans a few years ago, was $5 shipped if I remember right, maybe was $6, still awesome deal.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I don’t know how you know this. I’m guessing you are making assumptions due to my forum moniker. I can tell you, I don’t believe in the federal government choosing winners and losers in private business. However, I do believe in strong unions. This is an example of where a business has power over an individual, but if the individuals band together in a union under a contract, this terminated employee would have had proper due process to appeal his employers ridiculously stupid decision. I’m assuming you hate unions and thus think this employee does not deserve the right to due process to challenge his wrongful termination.
    Unions are nothing but an arm of organized crime and the democrat party. The union wouldn't have been able to get his job back because union bosses are in bed with management. Unions have nothing to do with employees or their rights they are only there to collect dues and whatever else they can squeeze out of members.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Erie County)

This was easily preventable, tether the firearm before handing to a customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

Just forget what ever you heard. It never happened

Academy Sports rehires Dean Crouch after backlash
    https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...aha/782368002/

(Wayne County)

Good for Dean, I just hope that there was a job offer that had one hell of a raise and benefits for his family that he maybe take on in the future. Ba-bye Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    There's more of an incentive to stop a criminal stealing guns and ammo than a blouse. This is another application of no-thinking "no tolerance" policies like the fighting rules in public schools where the victim of bullying gets suspended as long as the bully for "being involved in a fight".

No common sense exists any more.
    welcome to the world of participation medals.
    it's simply easier to punish all involved parties. then they don't have to outcast anyone or find the truth at the base of the matter.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Erie County)

It's amazing how many people are vilifying Mr. Crouch online. They are saying that it was his fault that the weapon was stolen because of lax procedures, etc., etc. Mostly anti-2A snowflakes.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    It's amazing how many people are vilifying Mr. Crouch online. They are saying that it was his fault that the weapon was stolen because of lax procedures, etc., etc. Mostly anti-2A snowflakes.
    Well... it wasn't stolen... he saw to that. It was only attempted stolen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast