Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Academy Sports manager fired, for stopping gun theif

A case could be made that his action was a "reaction", not an intentional act. Similar in combat, the hero goes to his wounded brother under fire to bring him to safety. Afterward, he realized how dangerous that act was he starts shaking or throw up. He most likely wouldn't have done it if he thought about it first.

He probably felt this guy would kill somebody with the gun or sell it to someone else who may.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    You apparently have no clue how unions work..
    I'm pretty sure Jennifer knows EXACTLY how unions work. She's a retired locomotive engineer.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Good for this employee getting his job back, but his employer apparently thought they could get away with firing this person.
    The employer was well in their right to fire this individual, and most likely would have won the U.C. case.

Also, the employer could have implemented ways, as I had already suggested, to curtail the snatch and run of any firearm, stating this would be more prudent and erring on the side of caution than having an employee get injured, let alone a fleeing thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    I'm pretty sure Jennifer knows EXACTLY how unions work. She's a retired locomotive engineer.
    I thought she finished as a maintenance supervisor ?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I thought she finished as a maintenance supervisor ?
    Yes, but I was a member of three different unions in my 33 year career at the railroad. When I became a supervisor union members would come to me and ask how to deal with and protect themselves from their corrupt unions. I had to track down the president of one union that had merged with another union in Tennessee and forcefully coerce using the National Railway Labor Act to make him take the call of one my men and deal with his situation because he refused to take my man's call.

The stories abound how the corrupt unions tried to take advantage of low seniority union members by telling them they owned back dues and added late fees above and beyond what was already being deducted from the checks or they claimed they wouldn't be represented in disputes. Senior members had to protect these people. One thing that in all of it surprises is a federal law that protects members better than any union could is the National Railway Labor Act.

The unions and management constantly tried to negate this law and sometimes people had to go to outside lawyers to get these laws enforced and sue both the union and management. I could go on but the whole point is this; unions today only have the interests of the leadership in mind, members be damned and be forewarned they are not well represented by these corrupt organizations.

My former charges and colleagues asked me to write a book about the union abuses we experienced over the years to expose these people. I told them I'd think about about. I have many years of documentation. Just as an example and I have mentioned it before, I was a member of the BLE (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) for approximately five years and in that time two presidents and one treasurer went to jail for embezzlement or misuse of union funds. Eventually after years of this kind of abuse the BLE merged with the Teamsters and now is called the BLET. Things haven't improved much, now the Teamsters have hand in the cookie jar of BLE funds.

I know it's un-ladylike to say things like this but FUCK unions, I had to play hardball with those corrupt bastards from both sides of the fence.
    Last edited by JenniferG; July 15th, 2018 at 02:16 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Yes, but I was a member of three different unions in my 33 year career at the railroad. When I became a supervisor union members would come to me and ask how to deal with and protect themselves from their corrupt unions. I had to track down the president of one union that had merged with another union in Tennessee and forcefully coerce using the National Railway Labor Act to make him take the call of one my men and deal with his situation because he refused to take my man's call.

The stories abound how the corrupt unions tried to take advantage of low seniority union members by telling them they owned back dues and added late fees above and beyond what was already being deducted from the checks or they claimed they wouldn't be represented in disputes. Senior members had to protect these people. One thing that in all of it surprises is a federal law that protects members better than any union could is the National Railway Labor Act.

The unions and management constantly tried to negate this law and sometimes people had to go to outside lawyers to get these laws enforced and sue both the union and management. I could go on but the whole point is this; unions today only have the interests of the leadership in mind, members be damned and be forewarned they are not well represented by these corrupt organizations.

My former charges and colleagues asked me to write a book about the union abuses we experienced over the years to expose these people. I told them I'd think about about. I have many years of documentation. Just as an example and I have mentioned it before, I was a member of the BLE (Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers) for approximately five years and in that time two presidents and one treasurer went to jail for embezzlement or misuse of union funds. Eventually after years of this kind of abuse the BLE merged with the Teamsters and now is called the BLET. Things haven't improved much, now the Teamsters have hand in the cookie jar of BLE funds.

I know it's un-ladylike to say things like this but FUCK unions, I had to play hardball with those corrupt bastards from both sides of the fence.
    one need look no further than that saying about how power corrupts.
    of course unions are a problem. you are giving someone authority. we are a pretty dumb species to keep rinsing and repeating that lesson.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345