Hello all. I used the search function, and read the entire thread posted by the guy named Sam who was a reporter.

While I got a lot of good information from it, i still have some unanswered questions.

Here's my dilemma. I was in a nasty car accident 12 years ago that massively damaged my spine and neck.

I have been on prescription pain killers for over 6 years, have had many a ryzotimy done to multiple areas to burn the nerves dead (didnt work anywhere), tried a spinal stimulator with no success, countless epidurals, etc. You name it, ive done it.

So I want to get off the opiates. They are unhealthy and my girl friend has noticed a change in me, as they make me irritable.

My dr said he is willing to give me medical Marijuana because nothing else has worked. I told him I have smoked in the past, and it has helped ease my pain.

So, the questions.
1st.
I am Montco, LTCF holder. I called and asked if I had to turn in my LTCF, and he said 'absolutely'. If I get a medical Marijuana card, (you have to register for one through the state), is there anyway they (the sheriff's) will find out about it? Or do they expect people to turn in their LTCF out of being truthful. Basically, will they know.

2nd
I saw Hawaii sent letters demanding people turn over their guns for being prescribed. Has this happened in PA? Could this happen? I saw that PICS will have access to the medical Marijuana information, so I assume id be unable to purchase anymore firearms. How would PA State Police or local Sheriff find out and demand the guns to be turned over?

3rd
Is this really worth it for me? Give me your opinions. I'm an avid hunter, shooter, and collector of firearms. I'm completely torn. I do not want to give up my rights, but at the same time im living in pain day to day that without the pain killers or some other medicine, I'd be unable to function at work and keep a job. And living off disability is a no go for me, as I'm only 33.

Thank you all in advance!